Chapter Sixteen

"NO! Absolutely not! Frank I'm not going to agree to this." I growled.

"There's no other way, if we turn him in to the fucking cops he'll rat us out. We can't just let the little shit get away with what he's doing!" Frank snapped back.

"THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE KILL HIM. He has NO idea we even know about his little trafficking business. If we give an anonymous tip, there'd be no way to trace it back to us."

Franks eyes widened, as if I just said something very important.

"Tomorrow. We'll tip the cops off tomorrow. But if this goes haywire, I'm going to kill him." He grimaced.

"God, Frank. Please, just humor me. Say you won't go doing something stupid behind my back." I pressed my palm to my forehead.

"Oh I wont, because until the little shit is behind bars or six feet under I'm not letting you out of my site."

"FINE! Deal, but minus the six feet under part! Promise me Frank! The one who's going to end up behind bars will NOT be Lucas. And I would-" I choked up. I couldn't finish that sentence, not just yet.

"You what?" He sighed, putting comforting arms around me.

"I would miss you if you went to jail." I inhaled and exhaled deeply. Liar. What you meant to say was you wouldn't be able to live without him.

"Well aren't you just the cutest." He chuckled, tightening his embrace.

"What? Why is Frank going to jail?" Mr. Way yawned, shuffling into the room tiredly.

"OH, So now you decide to grace us with your presence?" I barked at him.

"Chill the fuck out barbie. It's too early for this." He groaned, scratching his head frustrated.

"Barbie? It's TWO IN THE FUCKING AFTERNOON YOU FUCKWAD!" I yelled at him.

"STOP, please! Stop with the unnecessary use of the word fuck and stop with the shrieking!" He glared at me drearily.

Now I remembered why we don't get along, I'd already forgotten how much bickering we got into last night. Mr. Way to me was still the somewhat cool art teacher that everyone would brag about if they had him. But I never had a chance to take his class. Before this I had no interest in learning how to draw or playing an instrument. I wanted everything to be as simple as possible.

Frank was right though; we were far past the student-teacher relationship by now. I was no longer a student he had to pretend to be nice to and he was no longer a teacher I had to pretend to respect. We had dirt on each other.

"For fucks sake, you two fight like cats and dogs." Frank rubbed his temples in distress.

"He's immature as fuck..." I grumbled.

"Oh I'M the immature one? Says the hoe with her legs spread in the nurse's office!" He barked back.

"You did NOT just call me a hoe. I'm still a virgin you motherfucker! Either way I bet you don't even get laid!" I screamed at him.

"Oh you're a VIRGIN. God forgive me for slut shaming the 17-year old virgin! So Frank were you just giving her a check up last night? Checking to see if her vagina still worked?" He scoffed.

"GERARD. Knock it off!" Frank groaned in frustration.

"FUCK YOU! Why is there such a god damn double standard with you men! If I stared at YOU naked I'd be the little slut, you stared at ME naked yesterday and you're just a 'man'. You dirty fucking old perverted man!" I lost my shit at this point. If there was anyone who could push my buttons more than Frank it was Mr. Way.