Chapter Thirty Five

3 months later

“Where the fuck were you?” I hissed at Frank.

“I got held up by the feds, are you okay?” He cupped my face in his hands. I pushed his hands off and looked away.

“I’m sorry hon. Are you okay? Did anything happen? Did you seal the deal?” He furrowed his eyebrows at me.

“If I hadn’t had the gun on me, I could’ve died. They could’ve stole the product Frank. Neversend me to these things by myself again. They see some little white girl and you expect them to take me seriously? Jeremy tried to touch me!” I screamed.

“That fucking bastard,” Frank punched the wall multiple times.

“Did you kill him?” He glared.

“N-No, I only fired warning shots.”

“I’ll tell Ray, we’ve got to send a message. They don’t fuck with our crew.” He spat.

“What are you going to do?” My lip quivered.

“Set them on fire. Put them on display.” He scoffed.

“What happened to us?” My knees let out, and Frank caught me on my way down.

“Life happened.”

“I want to go back Frank, I want to go back to Harvey Cedars, I want to go back to school.” I began to sob.

“I know, I know love. I’m so sorry. I promise you, once it’s safe we’ll go back, alright? You can finish school, you can go to college, we can start a family.” He kissed my forehead.

“Are you sure?” I cried.

“Yes baby, I’m sure.” He rubbed my shoulders.

“I at least want out. I want out of the drug business, and I want you out. It’s too dangerous.” I tugged on the collar of his shirt, my eyes pleading with him.

“You know we can’t do that, we can’t afford it.” He sighed.

“Get a proper job!” I screamed.

“That’s not an option..” He shook his head.

“Take the rest of the money, buy your instruments start your band back up. You guys have been talking about it forever.” I sighed.

“We’ll be broke Lana. Do you know how hard it is to start a band in this economy? We won’t make any money, even if we are successful.”

“So what, just be drug suppliers for the rest of our lives?” I turned my nose up to him.

“No, I’m not saying that…” He frowned.

“Do it for me, just try it. Please. If it doesn’t work then it doesn’t, we can go back. But please just try Frank. Please.” I was holding my heart in my hands.

“Yeah.. Alright. We’ll try it.”

“We can tell the guys tonight, okay? We’ll all talk it over.” I smiled.

“Sure…” He sighed. I rolled my eyes, unable to hold back the smile forming on my face.

|| Pause

So, you’re wondering how we got here huh?

We sure did make it to vegas. Frank and I got married. Gerard stormed off for a few days, bringing back his little brother, Mikey, with him. We never questioned it. Mikey made him happy, and that was enough for us. Shit, Mikey made all of us happy. He was a little ray of sunshine in a very shitty place.