Chapter 1: Torture

(Reyna's p.o.v.)

My pack hates me.

I know this sounds a bit rash, but it's true. I am bullied to no end. I'm treated like a maid and the rest of the pack gets to rest after meals and school and whatnot. Me? I have to do ALL the work.

When I was younger, none of this happened. My older brother, Trent, and my older sister, Stacy, were all nice to me. So was the rest of my pack. Then my mom passed away.

After the passing of my mother, my father, brother and sister started to beat me. At first I didn't know why they did this. Then I started to realize it was because my mother was the one who had stopped them from beating me senseless. Without her to stop them anymore, they beat me along with the pack. I still do not understand why they all hated me. I may never find out why. As I lay in bed I ponder how to find out.

(Three hours later)

I realize that it's almost time for me to make breakfast. I quickly get dressed and run downstairs to make eggs, hash browns, sausage and bacon. As I finish setting the table and arrange the food platters on the table, the rest of the pack starts coming out of their rooms.

Some pack members seem to have been rolling around in their sleep because at least five of them had a bad case of bed head. I chuckle as quietly as I can not being able to hold back the laugh. One of the guys, Ryan (the third in command's son), looked at me.

Before I could register that he was now walking in my direction, I feel a fist sink into my gut. I hunch over in pain. I hear a few snickers as the pack watches me groan in pain. As usual, no one comes to help me.

"That's what you get for laughing at me," I hear Ryan say. Then he laughs at my pain with the rest of the pack.

I get up, grabbed a piece of bacon and some sausage and started my daily walk to school.

I walk into the school building with my head low. This way not as many people notice me. I walk to my locker grab my stuff and head to class.

My first subject of the day is math. I like this class because I'm good at it. There's just one problem: Tanner, the Alpha's son, was in the class with me. He also sat right behind me so that he could pull my hair and take my chair when I was about to sit down making me fall on my ass.

Today it was the spit balls. He lodged them in my hair and struck my neck. When the teacher, Mrs. Liam, told him to stop, he put away his spit ball straw and pulled my hair as hard as he could.

I yelped at his action. Mrs. Liam looked at me with a stern expression. "Keep quiet Ms. Maree." I was so mad I nearly screamed. Yet I stayed quiet not wanting to be sent to the principle's office. I heard low snickers coming from behind me and knew it was Tanner.

That son of a gun! I really wanted to kick his butt but I knew that would only result in a major beating tonight.

I just sighed. This was going to be a long day.

(An hour later)

I walked out of class and went to my locker. I hated being beat up and yelled at and all that. I was so caught up in my own thoughts of why my life was so messed up, that I didn't even notice Tanner until he was right behind me. I flinched as he backhanded me.

"Look at me," I heard him say. Slowly I turned around to look at him. When I turned around I was surprised that Josh and Raymond were not with him. Josh and Raymond are Tanner's best friends.

"Mate."

I was so lost in thought until I heard that word.

Tanner sneered and said, "I, Tanner Smith, reject you, Reyna Maree, as my mate."

I tried to hide the look of hurt on my face. My wolf, Shay, howled in pain and sorrow. Nonetheless, I said, " I, Reyna Maree, accept your rejection, Tanner Smith." and with that I ran away.

...............................................................

I hope you liked it!! I try to make it as good as I can. Sorry if you think it was too short. Comment and vote!!

-Kay

P.S. the wolf on the cover page is Reyna's wolf.