Chapter 16: Royals

(Reyna's p.o.v.)
"Tell me about the Royal family."

"The Royals are the only wolves who can shift without their clothes ripping to shreds. They can control the Earth. They are blessed by the Moon Goddess. All of them have her mark on their palm. Oh and Queen Arabella is a dragon shifter. When she was marked by her werewolf mate, she was able to shift to a wolf," Tanner told me.

"So how can I tell if I'm a Royal?" I asked.

"Check your palm for the mark. It's the outline of a wolf howling at the full moon," Trent suggested.

I checked both my palms and saw that one was marked with the Moon Goddess' mark. On the other palm was a flame and what looked like a dragon's tail curled around it.

"Cool," I muttered under my breath.

"Wow," everyone else said.

"So.... I guess I'm a Royal."

"We could research further into the subject at the library," Tanner suggested.

We all agreed. We turned to leave, but I stopped. "Guys do you feel that?" I asked.

"Feel what?" Nikki asked.

"Something's not right here....."

As if right on que, 5 rogues circled us. I got mad. They were here to hurt my friends. I glared at the 2 in front of me. Oh how I wish the earth would swallow them.....

"How did you do that?!" I heard Trent ask in astonishment.

"Do what?" I asked.

"That!!" he said pointing at the 2 rogues in front of me. They were waist deep in the earth. I thought for a second before they slipped through the ground. I walked over to we're they were a moment ago and found the ground was solid.

It must be my powers. Huh. That could come in handy. I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn't know what was happening until it was too late. I heard a loud BANG and I gasped.

My shoulder felt like it was on fire. I put my hand over it but only yelped and jerked my hand back. A silver bullet. My shirt was covered in blood. My vision started to blur and soon I passed out from the pain and blood loss.
...............................................................
(Nikki's p.o.v.)
We heard a loud BANG and a gasp. I turned and saw blood pouring out of Reyna's shoulder. She tried to clasp a hand over her wound but ended up yelping and jerked her hand back. She swayed for a bit then blacked out.

I screamed and ran over to her. I rested her head in my lap and I started crying. The guys looked absolutely pissed. They honestly looked like they wanted to rip the rogues' heads right off their bodies.

I picked Reyna up and ran as fast as I could back to the pack house.

"I need the doctor!!! I need the doctor!!!" I screamed as I approached the pack house. Other pack members came running out and grabbed Reyna from me, carrying her to the hospital.

I followed them and went to a room with her. I stayed with her the entire time, despite the doctors protests.

"You are not allowed to stay here while I remove the bullet and bandage up her shoulder!" he complained for the 50th time.

"I don't care!!! I'm staying with her no matter what and you really should stop wasting time and start removing the bullet from her shoulder!!!" I yelled at him.

He grumbled a bit but started removing the bullet from the wound. I watched as he did this then wrapped the wound in an ace bandage.

Just then, Trent and Tanner barged in through the door. " Is she ok?" Tanner asked.

"She's fine," the doctor replied.

The boys sighed in relief.

"So what happened with the rogues?" I asked.

"We killed them."

I didn't ask how. With how pissed off they were, I knew they had done it in some gruesome way.

I turned towards Reyna and grabbed her hand.

"I wish she would wake up!" Tanner said.

"You and me both," said Trent.

"She should be up in about an hour or so, Alpha," the doctor said.

"Thank you," Tanner replied.
...............................................................

(Reyna's p.o.v.)
I vaguely heard my friends talking.

"...would wake up!" Tanner was saying.

"You and me both," my brother said.

"She should be up in about an hour or so, Alpha," someone said.

"Thank you," Tanner replied.

I wanted to wake up. But it was like there was a force holding me back, keeping me from waking up.

"What's going on?" I asked Shay.

"I don't know," Shay replied.

"I hope we can wake up soon," I said.

"You and me both. I miss Seth," she whimpered.

"I know. I want Tanner too." I sighed and the 2 of us fell quiet.

I tried waking up again. This time, my eyes fluttered open and my hands clenched. I heard a hiss and loosened my grip knowing that someone had been holding my hand.

"Yep, she's awake," Nikki said, her eyes shut tight and she was shaking her hand, trying to get feeling back into it.

"Reyna!!!" Tanner and Trent yelled at the same time.

They both hugged me and Tanner kissed me. I kissed him back.

"Moon Goddess, If you ever do that again, I'll, I'll, uh," Tanner started.

"You'll what? Kiss me to death?" I said with a smirk. I laughed at his expression. His eyes were wide and his mouth hung open.

"Move it boys!!" Nikki yelled. "It's my turn."

I was confused for a moment but soon I found out what she was talking about. She ran at me and gave me the biggest hug I have ever felt.

"Thank the Goddess you're ok! I thought we had lost you!!!" Nikki said.

"I'm fine. My shoulder is a little stiff, but I'm fine," I reassured everyone.

"Good. I'm never letting you be around rogues again!" Tanner said.

"And who's going to stop me?" I asked smugly.

"I am," Tanner growled.

"Please. We already know from training that I can beat you in a fight. In both human and wolf forms!" I said with a smirk.

"Fine," he said grumpily.

"Good. Now that that's all cleared up, who wants to go to the mall with me?" I ask.
...............................................................
Chapter 16!! Yay! Ok I've come up with a title for the next book in this sequel: The Royal Werewolf. What do you think?

I hope you like my book so far. Sorry for the long wait, but I haven't had much time to update lately. Thanks for reading!!
-Kay