Chapter 12: Training

(Reyna's p.o.v.)
[5 days later]

I told Nikki to tell Tanner it was time to train. I wanted to train with him and show him what I'm made of.

I got in my combat outfit that morphed with me into my wolf even though I always shift with my clothes on and I didn't really need it, I still wanted to wear it.

I finished getting ready and went to the field for training. I called everyone's attention and announced that we'd be fighting in our human forms for a while before fighting in our wolf forms.

"I will train with the Alpha of the Full Moon Pack, Tanner. The rest of you, find a partner and practice your skills," I said.

"What gave you such interest in training with me?" Tanner asked.

"Because I know I can kick your butt," I said.

"Good luck with that, cupcake," he said.

I punched him in the face just then, breaking his nose. "Never call me cupcake. Ever," I growled at him.

Tanner looked shocked. I smirked and motioned for him to follow me.

We went to the edge of the forest and started training. He threw a punch at me and I blocked. He tried to kick me, but I just grabbed his ankle and made him flip backwards, landing on his stomach.

I kicked him in the gut then spin- kicked him in the face. He held his hands up in submission. "You win," he said obviously not happy about that.

I smirked and shifted. He followed my lead and shifted into his pure black wolf.

He lunged at me and I ducked, biting his stomach and making him yelp. I threw myself at him and tackled him, pinning his paws to the ground. I growled in his face and he showed his neck; a sure sign of surrender.

I shifted back to my human form and chuckled. Tanner huffed and shifted. Then I noticed he was naked!!!

"Oh my gosh, put some clothes on!" I yelled at him. He chuckled and went behind a tree to get dressed.

"How did you get so good over the past 4 years?" he questioned.

"I am the pack trainer aren't I?" I said with a smirk.

He rolled his eyes and laughed. But then his expression turned dead serious. "You know I need you in my life. I'm sorry for what I did to you and I'm sorry I rejected you. I need you. Please..... Please," he pleaded.

I scowled and walked away.

I was gonna show him I didn't need him. I would show him.

I went to where my group and I were staying. It was this cute 2 story log cabin that was very warm despite how it looked. I went to my room and cried.

I knew I needed Tanner in my life and I know he needs me too. But he had been the one who had treated me the worst before I ran away. And now he wanted my forgiveness?

I couldn't take it anymore. How can I live without something I need and how can I live with the man that treated me like shit? I was torn apart by the choices.

I just sat down in my room and cried until I fell asleep.

...............................................................

Sorry it's so short. I got tired.

-Kay