Chapter 11: Nina

(Reyna's p.o.v.)
I pulled into the school driveway and I started spinning on one wheel before parking. I say Tanner leaning against a tree. He smiled and I gave him a look of distain. Then I marched into the school building.

I grabbed my books from the locker. Then I went to the bathroom and cried. I cried because I wanted my mate. I cried because I wanted to feel loved. And I cried because of my old life.

-FLASHBACK-

My mother had died a week ago. And I was getting the worst beating of my life.

"I wish you were dead, just like mom is!!" screamed my brother as he grabbed my shirt and punched me, breaking my nose.

"You are a useless brat!" yelled my sister.

"Hopefully she'll die after this beating. Trent, give her all you've got!!" my dad said.

Trent walked over to me and kicked my ribs and my stomach. Then he punched me and gave me a black eye. He grabbed my arm to haul me up.

My dad grabbed one of my hands while Stacy grabbed the other. Trent kicked me in the gut so hard, I flew out the window, breaking it and landing hard on the grass, unable to move.

My family just left me there. After a few failed tries, I shifted and ran off.

I ran into the forest, ran away from the hell I called home. I ran until I just couldn't run anymore. I collapsed at the mouth of a cave. I was curious and walked into the 'cave.'

I was amazed by what I saw. there was one waterfall that hit a huge rock at the bottom, splitting into 2 different waterfalls and emptying out into a little pond.

I lied down next to the pond after drinking some of the water in it. And I fell asleep. I stayed there for a week just sleeping and healing. I knew I couldn't stay forever though.

I left my cave and made sure to hide it well. I would use it as my hiding sport for when I needed a quick getaway. I sighed and went back to the hell I called home.

-FLASHBACK OVER-

I pulled myself together and went to the sink. I washed my face and wiped away my tears. I gathered my things and went to class.

I got to the classroom and scanned the room. There were the geeks, the goths and the jocks. I saw Tanner and scowled. There were 2 seats left: one next to him and the other next to this beautiful girl who sat by herself in the corner. I picked the obvious choice and sat down next to the girl.

"Hi I'm Reyna!" I told her.

She looked up and looked around before looking at me and pointing to herself. "Me?" she asked.

"Ya silly. Who else?" I said.

"Um... oh, uh..... I'm not usually spoken to. I'm considered a loner and everyone picks on me. So I thought you wouldn't talk to me," she replied.

"I'm not in any place to judge you before I get to know you," I told her.

"Really? You want to get to know me?!" she asked, clearly shocked and excited.

"Yes. So start by telling me your name," I said politely.

"I'm Nina," the girl said.

"Nina. That's a beautiful name," I told Nina.

"Thank you. I'm used to no one talking to me. Well except for the bullies that is," Nina told me.

"I know what it's like. I was bullied to. But then I ran away and found a new home. Look at me now!" I said.

"You are beautiful! I can't even believe you were bullied!" Nina exclaimed.

"I can't believe you're bullied!! You are a strong and beautiful woman!! I don't see any reason for you to be bullied," I told her truthfully.

"I'm glad you say next to me. I needed this," Nina said.

"You're welcome. Would you like to be my friend?" I asked her.

"Wait. Like a real friend? For real? You want to be my friend?!" she asked, excited.

"Of course I want to be your friend. Why wouldn't I want to?" I said.
...............................................................
Hope you like chapter 11. I work really hard on this book and I may not be the best at it but I try. Please tell me what you think. I would love to hear your opinions. Thanks so much for reading! I hope you like my book so far.
-Kay