chapter seventeen ( filler )

PLEASE DON'T GET MAD AT ME FOR WHAT I DECIDED TO DO IN THIS CHAPTER 😂
___________________________________

PLEASE DON'T GET MAD AT ME FOR WHAT I DECIDED TO DO IN THIS CHAPTER 😂___________________________________

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

*3 weeks later*
Nyla

Lucas. How could a name that use to bring so much pain to me, be the same name that makes me smile so much now. After the lunch date with him, we've been spending time together like when we first met. He'd pick me up, and we'd go out to eat, for walks and just enjoy each other's company.

I can't lie. I miss Chris, but a part of me would like to know how things would have been if me and Lucas would have worked out. Here he was being the exact opposite of when we were actually together.

As I've stated before, Chris is the perfect guy to me, but I was familiar with Lucas. This was someone who I saw myself with in the past. Someone who I once was in love with. I didn't want to hold the past against him anymore. I understood that the night he raped me, he wasn't in the right state of mind. Who was I to judge him?

I wanted to tell Chris, that I still wanted to be friends, so I decided to call him.

I picked up the phone, scrolling to his contact and let out a sigh before letting it ring.

"Hello." I spoke once he finally picked up.
"You finally decided to call." He said, sounding like he didn't quite want to be bothered.
"Yeah, look, I'm sorry for the way I cut you off, but as you know, I had some things to figure out, and after some thinking I've decided that we should....."

"Chris, I'm ready now." I heard a female voice speaking in the background before the line cut off.

____________________________

Chris

I was getting ready for an outing with my friend Layla. Layla was a friend of mine from high school who had just moved to Tallahassee. She was cool people, and kept my mind occupied when I couldn't get my mind off of Nyla.

Everything for me and Nyla was once going amazing. I thought I was doing everything she wanted me to, making her happy. When things went left, I was hurt, because she was special to me. I guess she didn't feel the same way, because here we were not even speaking anymore.

When she called and I'm sure she heard Layla in the background, I hung up because I didn't want her to get the wrong Idea.

I didn't know what her and Lucas had going on, but every since he reappeared in her life, she was giving me the cold shoulder.

I missed her, but she'd have to decide when she'd tell me what the deal was.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Layla asked.
"Nyla." I admitted. I had told her about the situation I was in, but it honestly didn't matter, because from the looks of it, things were over faster than they had even started.
"Did y'all fix it?"
"I'm not sure. The conversation ended before I could even tell." I shrugged.
"She'll come around." She shrugged.

( Layla ^ )

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

( Layla ^ )