chapter thirty-three

Layla & Lucas

Layla & Lucas

Even though Layla had offered herself to Lucas, he declined. He knew she was caught up in the moment the other night and he wouldn't feel right taking advantage of her. He knew she would wake up with regrets, and that wasn't what he wanted.

In his relationship with Nyla, he was young and was going through some things that made him act out. He was a new person now, and it was time he put his past ways behind him.

Layla felt like he turned her down because he didn't want to have sex with her. She thought she was ready to do things with him, so why wouldn't he?

"Are you not attracted to me in that way?" She asked him.

"Layla, I'm more than attracted to you. I just respect the fact that you aren't ready for that yet." He sighed.

"But I told you, I was ready." She folded her arms.

"You only said that because you liked the way it felt when I made you nut."

She knew he was right, but her stubbornness wouldn't allow her to let it go.

"If you're not getting it from me, there has to be somebody else." She rolled her eyes.

"You kidding me right?" He said, growing frustrated by what she let come out of her mouth.

"That's how y'all niggas do." She turned, letting him face her back.

"I only want you Layla, but you have to believe that." He said turning off the lamp on the nightstand leaving them in the dark.

Left to think about the conversation, Layla sat up. She was confused. Here she was throwing herself at Lucas, and he didn't budge. She knew being a virgin, at one point, he would grow bored with her.

"I like you a lot. I know your virginity means something to you. I don't want to rush you into giving it away. Let me make sure the time is right before we take that step." Lucas finally broke the silence. Grabbing Layla closer to him, he placed a soft kiss behind her ear.

Layla let out a moan, just a gentle kiss from him was making her go wild. Maybe not being used to feeling certain things was driving her crazy. She knew for a fact, this was who she wanted to give herself to. She hoped that he wanted the same.

__________________________

Waking up, and putting on her Walmart uniform, Layla got ready for work, unaware that Lucas had other plans for her today.

"Take that shit off." Lucas said, pointing at her outfit.

"What you talking bout?" She said with attitude, still slightly upset with him.

"You heard me." He said.

"I gotta go to work." She rolled her eyes. "And if you don't stop the foolishness, I'll be late."