chapter thirty-one

Driving in the rain, Naomi thought over the words that would come from her mouth when she finally talked to her sister

Driving in the rain, Naomi thought over the words that would come from her mouth when she finally talked to her sister. She was ashamed of her ways, and she no longer wanted her jealousy to be the cause of yet another one of her failed relationships. She loved her sister, and although her actions displayed otherwise, it was time she started showing how she could actually be there for her sister, and not against her.

Pulling up to Nyla's place, Naomi sat a little longer in the car. She was getting her cloudy thoughts together. How would she apologize for all the pain she'd caused for the last few years? How could she regain her sister's trust?

"What you doing here?" Chris looked down on Naomi who stood in the rain. He decided against letting her inside, after their last encounter.

"I came here to apologize. To you and my sister." She said as she lowered her head, looking at her feet.

"I don't need your apology and neither does Nyla." He said, disgust plastered all over his face. He barely knew Naomi, but from the act she pulled, he knew better to even entertain her right now.

"Look, I know what I did was wrong, but while I was in the hospital, I had a chance to think about it. I shouldn't have tried to come on to you and my sister definitely didn't deserve that." She said, feeling sorry for what damage could have been caused in her sister's growing relationship.

"But you did do it, and you didn't care then, so why should WE?" Chris said becoming aggravated by the person standing on the doorstep.

"I want to change. I don't want to leave town tonight without making things right with Nyla. Can I please come in?" She pleaded with him, ready to make things right.

"Nyla's sleeping and I honestly don't think now is the right time. I'll tell her you stopped by." Chris slammed the door in her face, leaving her to walk away, regretting she'd even stopped by.

__________________________________

Pulling Milah closer to him, Derrick rested his head in the crook of her neck, as they listened to the sound of the rain

Pulling Milah closer to him, Derrick rested his head in the crook of her neck, as they listened to the sound of the rain. Everything about the moment was what they both needed, nothing else mattered.

He didn't find himself falling so fast for other females, but that's exactly what he found himself doing in the presence of Milah. She understood him like no one else, she listened to everything he had going on, and she was there for him. He wanted badly to express the way he felt for her, but he didn't want to rush things, and scare her away. He decided to play it easy.

"What's on your mind?" Milah asked him, turning over to look him in his eyes. She was reading him. She knew that there was some type of connection between them, but she didn't know if he was feeling her the way she was feeling him. They were unaware that they were in fact, feeling the same exact way about each other.

"Tell me what you're thinking about me, at this very moment." He said to her. Milah swallowed hard, as she grew nervous on the inside. This was her time to open up to him. She didn't believe in love at first sight, but from the very first day they met back at the club, she knew he was somebody she wanted to keep around.

"Let's step outside." She said sitting up in the bed.

"In the rain?" He raised an eyebrow, playing it off that he in fact enjoyed the rain.

"Nah, in the snow. Get ya ass up." She said sarcastically, leading him out of the bedroom and to the front door.

The wind blew, making the light rain hit them both in the face. They both laughed before looking at each other again.

"Okay, now back to what I said. How you feeling ma?" He asked seriously.

Taking a deep breath, Milah opened her mouth and began telling him exactly how she felt. "From the day I met you, there was something about you I grew interested in. When we went for dinner the night after the club, just talking to you, made me feel as though I'd known you for a lifetime. The more we spent time together afterwards, the more I found myself not wanting moments with you to end. I know it's silly, but in the short time we've known each other, I feel like I'm falling for you." She put her head down, closing her eyes, afraid that she maybe had said too much.

"It's not silly at all." He lifted her head back up, wanting to see her beautiful face.

"I can tell you been through a lot, and I'm here to help you forget about all that. Shit, it may be corny, but I'm feeling the same way about you. You're a beautiful person, Milah. For as long as it's able, I want to be a part of your happiness." He said, making her blush.

Leaning in, Derrick placed his lips on Milah's. Allowing him an entrance, Milah accepted his tongue in her mouth.

The kiss lasted about a minute, sealing everything that was said, and letting the feelings that were poured out linger

"You really are something." Derrick said pulling away from her embrace. He looked out at the rain, letting his mind run wild. This girl was driving him crazy, in a good way. He wanted this moment to last forever.

"Let's go back inside." Milah smiled, taking his hand in hers.

She wanted him. Badly.

"Come here boy." She wiggled her finger, motioning for him to join her in bed.

For the rest of the night, Derrick took her body, making her feel things she'd never felt with Shawn. This.... felt real.

"Oh shit." Derrick groaned as he made love to her to the soothing sound of the falling rain.

_________________________

I'm loving myself some Derrick and Milah.