chapter thirty-six

Layla

Layla

*2 months later*

Counting the money in which she had pulled from her account, Layla was amazed. Never would she have expected to be bringing in so much money from a website. Now, she was able to sell and wear her own hair. She was grateful that Lucas thought so much about her to make this all happen.

With the help of Lucas's cousin, a few of Layla's friends and social media, Layla had gained so many people who were purchasing hair and other beauty needs from her.

"Damn, you got a couple stacks over there." Lucas grinned, watching Layla count her last hundred dollar bill. He loved the fact that he could help her come up. To him, it seemed as though they were making boss moves together. Seeing her do her own thing, was sexy to him.

"I can't thank you enough for this, really this is a dream." Layla walked over to Lucas, handing him $200 and giving him a hug.

"I'll take the love, but not this." He said handing her money back. "That's all yours."

"You have to let me do something for you. Without you, this would have been impossible." She ran her hands through his hair.

"You my girl, I don't want nothing back from helping you get on your feet ma. Just keep being by my side. That's all I ask." He kissed her cheek before taking a seat on the couch.

"You're amazing." She came over, sitting on his lap.

"I'm taking you out tonight to celebrate. I'm proud of you Ma." He told her.

She grinned from ear to ear. "Taking me out where?"

"It's a surprise, just be ready. But, I gotta go get some stuff." He told her, lifting her up and placing off his lap.

Layla smiled to herself as he walked out the door. She thanked God for bringing Lucas into her life. He was everything she wanted and more. Without him, none of the great things that were happening to her, would have.

______________________________

7:36pm

Layla was putting the finishing touches to her make up. Lucas had given her til 8 to be ready, and she was making perfect timing.

"Finished." She said looking into the mirror. She assumed that since the plans were made so late, she needed to dress up.

Sliding on her all black dress, she pulled the straps up her shoulders.