7

*vote if you would ❤️ a double update Saturday!*

"This is going to give me a heart attack. I'm fully convinced I'm going to die before I get into Yale and study microbiology and get married with you as my maid of honour to a famous athlete and have cute babies and-"

"Gabby!" Marley interrupted incredulously, "Belgian waffles are not going to kill you. Even though you poured half the jug of maple syrup on them."

Gabby shot Marley a nasty look, "You're the same way with grilled cheese."

Marley gasped loudly, "Ketchup is not the same thing."

"My dad is concerned that the reason your blood is red is because of the dye in that stuff."

Marley huffed in anger, "If he were so worried he'd stop being my supplier."

Mr. Collins doesn't make grilled cheese. He makes killer grilled cheese. How one can make cheese on bread taste so impossibly good alludes Marley, but she is still grateful that such a beautiful person exists to create such beautiful food.

Gabby rolled her eyes, "You know the first step is admitting you have a problem, Marley."

"I won't say a word if you don't," Marley replied quickly.

They both thought about their guilty pleasures for a second, deciding that they preferred ignorance to their future of clogged arteries and heart problems.

"It's a deal," Gabby said as they sat down across from each other.

Jason instantly noticed Gabby's giant plate of waffles, raising his right eyebrow and nudging Marley, "Is that tiny girl capable of eating all that?"

Marley turned to look at him, smirking, "She is not only capable but delighted to do so."

Bree suddenly slapped her arms down on the table across from them, her face downturned into a scowl, "Lip is the backbone of that show. I wouldn't watch it if it weren't for him. Fiona's constant fuck ups and bitchy attitude would kill me slowly."

A dark-haired guy beside Jason pointed a fork at her, "Fiona is hot, okay? I wouldn't watch if she weren't in it."

"Alright, guys," Jason intervened, "Let's give the real backbone of Shameless some credit."

Bree scoffed, "Frank is not the backbone of the show. He is the worlds biggest idiot and a shitty ass father."

"That's the point!" Jason argued, "He's so crazy he's entertaining. Who else do you know can think of a speech on the spot at a gay conference so he can stay in a fancy hotel and make money? Who else has the balls to injure his hand for workers comp? Survive an illegal liver transplant, be on his last legs and still make it out?"

Marley sighed and clicked the home button on her phone, her food forgotten. She wasn't hungry, her earlier conversation with Aiden left knots in her stomach. She checked the stats from the Dallas Cowboys game last night, not having the urge to do so until now.

But even their landslide victory didn't change her dark mood. She was still stuck between self-loathing and self-pity, she wasn't sure which one she'd rather feel.

"Hey, you need to snap out of it," Gabby shoved her shoulder with hers, "Don't let him get to you anymore."

The him sat between them. Not his name, him. As if he was a person she knew in passing once. From here on out, all Aiden Matthews will be is some guy she spent a day with one time. Why did that make her feel sick to her stomach?