30

"They did warn us it was bad."

Marley, Gabby, Bree and Tristan were standing in the doorway of the boys' cabin with wide eyes and awestruck expressions. Their cabin was identical to the girls' cabin, but at this moment, it couldn't have looked more different.

"Donaldson! Stop trying to set the wooden spoon on fire!" Jay's shout echoed from behind the girls as he brushed past them and stepped around the mess.

It was currently 7:00 am, the morning after the Halloween party, and the boys' cabin looked like a pigsty.

Bree was the one who heard from Jason that they were woken up with blaring horns at 5:30 am, by the councillors and told to clean. The girls' cabin room inspection was happening tomorrow, but aside from a few disorganized outliers, everything was fine over there.

But here there were clothes strewn all over the common area, cups and wrappers on the couches and floors, the kitchen was a mess — whoever bought snacks never cleaned up after themselves — and the bedrooms they managed to peek in as they dodged the littered floor were filthy with random things thrown everywhere. Clearly, some kind of after-party had gone on after the mess hall party was over last night, given that Marley came and went before this disaster even happened.

They were headed to the showers cabin but took a detour when Tristan apparently posted a photo of the common room in the group chat. Her, Kelly and Sarah were already here, presumably in either Aiden and Leo's room or Jason and Ryan's.

And that right there is the only difference between the guys' cabin and the girls' — two people per bedroom instead of four, and they still can't keep it clean.

But it did make Marley's day when she laid eyes on Jordan operating a vacuum with sunglasses over his eyes and a frown. She had a broad smile on her face that quickly faded when she followed Tristan and Bree into the room.

"Damn, Matthews," Tristan said in the background, "You're hot shit."

"And this is my cue to find my boyfriend before I stare any longer." Aiden leaned up on his elbows and winked at Bree, who saluted with a laugh before disappearing out the door.

Aiden was laid down on his bed with his hands behind his head, the only clothing he was wearing a pair of sweats that hung low on his toned hips. She had seen some of this last night, but in broad daylight he was far more dazzling. Marley blinked, dazed for a few seconds too long.

"You can look, touch, and lick this attraction, Spitfire."

Aiden's words made her start to choke, coughing like an old man and forcing her eyes away. She could hear Gabby and Tristan laughing at her expense as her cheeks heated and she struggled to figure out what to say to salvage the last shreds of her dignity.

"You-you're not-s-s-supposed to touch the zoo animals." When she thought it couldn't get any worse, her last two brain cells came up with the worst comeback ever.

"Photos are permitted. But no flash photography."

The situation she was in was getting so bad that Marley hoped Donaldson would keep trying to set that spoon on fire to put her out of her misery. She held her hands over her eyes and stumbled from the room, knowing that she'll never live this one down but if she stayed, only make it worse.

"Wait! Marley."

Aiden grabbing onto her bicep and spinning her around probably wasn't the smartest idea.

With his strength combined with the uneven terrain of Leo's side of the room, Marley was stumbling to gain her balance almost immediately as she rammed into his bare chest. He took a step back to steady them but ended up in something slippery, falling backwards and taking her with him.