41

Because this book has 4K reads :) thank you!

-

The room went silent.

Alec stood from the couch where he was sitting at Elena's feet. A clatter echoed from behind her, in Bree's general direction — everyone in the room focused on Marley's flustered state, Aiden's deadly expression and their swollen lips with shock.

"Leo. I am going to fucking kill you!"

All hell broke loose when he dove over the desk, ramming into Leo as they crashed to the ground, wrestling and struggling to get the upper hand. It took Marley a few seconds too long to come to her senses, making a dash for the brawl and curling a hand around the back of Aiden's shirt.

"Stop! Get off of him, now Aiden!" She shouted, her tugging becoming incessant when he locked his hand around the front of Leo's shirt and pulled his fist back.

He turned to look at her, "Back u-what the fuck?"

His hold on Leo's shirt loosened, his blue eyes locked on her bare legs and his fist lowering. She followed his line to vision to see that he was so focused on the small cuts and blood spots on her calves from the rose bushes.

She was grateful for them at that moment, as they provided a nice distraction.

"It was from the rose bushes. I ran through to help Elena. I'm fine." she promised, biting the inside of her cheek to hide her smile at Leo's loud sigh of relief when Aiden's anger when redirected to concern for her.

When he shifted away from where he hovered over Leo, she released his shirt. He stood to his feet, his eyes still locked on the cuts with extreme worry. Leo moved to rise from behind him.

Without looking away from the injury, he spoke in a cold, harsh tone, "My girl hurt is the only reason I'm backing off, fuckhead."

My girl.

"Finally, god damn."

Marley jumped and whirled around, watching Jason fist pump, being halted by Bree shoving his shoulder, turning to smile at them sweetly.

"He means, congratulations-"

"For finally expelling the constant sexual tension that suffocates the rest of us all the time."

Marley shrunk in embarrassment, glaring the two of them to ash while they laughed out loud.

She could feel Aiden's heat coming up behind her, but she stepped away as not to add fuel to the 'embarrass Marley' fire.

"Aiden Matthews."

Marley jumped and turned around, watching her best friend set off on a mission for the second time that night, straight for Aiden. He stepped backwards, shooting Marley an anxious glance. Behind him, Leo took a couple of steps forward.

Gabby shoved a finger to the centre of his chest, her green eyes fiercely glaring into his, "If you hurt my best friend I will castrate you, put it in a blender, and feed it to you. Understood?"

Marley let out a laugh that she covered with her hand. Her eyes lit up with far too much glee at his now pale complexion.

"Understood." he cleared his throat, skittering away from her as soon as she dropped her hand as if she was about to pounce.

It is extremely rare when Aiden is afraid of anyone.

"So wait...you guys are..." Alec trailed off, and Marley turned to face him to see his blue eyes were tight and his expression was devoid of emotion.