12

"You can't be serious," Marley said in disbelief.

Kelly was sprawled out on her empty blue four-wheeler, clicking her tongue and adjusting her helmet around her head, "Yup, that's how they did it."

Gabby was more surprised than Marley was, if that was even possible, her pale green eyes widened, "So you mean to tell me that's how these jocks with 50 averages ended up at an AP biology camp?"

"They can be oddly resourceful once they put enough of their singular brain cells together," Bree chimed in, straddling her four-wheeler and leaning on top of the handlebars, her head slumped in boredom and blue eyes half-lidded with fatigue.

"But how...how were they not caught?" Marley asked, rubbing her forehead where it was starting to get uncomfortable from the fabric burn of her black helmet.

"Simple. They, well, let's be honest, they didn't think of anything, the group of smart kids forged some fake school IDs with the jock's name on it and their photo. The exams were administered and monitored by the officials of this camp, not of the school. So they handed their badges to the camp official, who checked off their names on a list, and the exams were written by kids who knew what biology is," Kelly explained, shaking her head, "I mean, I don't see the problem on the smart kids' end. They made hundreds of dollars each; I think it ended up being somewhere near five thousand between all twelve of them."

"Jesus," Gabby muttered, "That's crazy."

Marley turned her head to see that the guys managed to remove the log from the front of the trail. They'd only been driving for about seven minutes — at less than ten mph — when they came across it. Conner had checked the trails early this morning, so it must've fallen recently.

The girls had been sprawled out on their four-wheelers. Sarah had her headphones in and her back against the seat, singing to the sky.

"I know that dress is karma, perfume regret
You got me thinking 'bout when you were mine, oh
And now I'm all up on ya, what you expect?
But you're not coming home with me tonight."

"We're good to go!" he announced breathlessly; it had taken the other councillor Jay, Aiden, Leo, and Ryan's help to move it.

"Yeah, well why do you think it's called Camp WTHAW? Why do you think there are all these fun weekend activities? If it were some nerds all this would be about is studying and learning. If it weren't for quote-unquote cool people here, this would be a biology camp with no fun or adventure involved."

"That's a good point," Marley replied, "but it is actually called Camp Where The Hell Are We, right?"

"That's the only name we know of," Bree shrugged, "It probably has an official name, but after a while, nobody bothered with it. You could run for miles in any direction and not find anything but trees. Lots of kids get lost out here, which is why the councillors are so strict about school attendance and making sure everybody's accounted for. It deserves its name."

"I'm your hero, Sarah. Isn't there some story where the prince moves something off the trail for the princess to run with her horse or some shit?" Leo made it to Sarah's side, and she didn't need any more convincing to close their distance.

He curled his fingers around her red curls, pressing her against the four-wheeler as they openly made out, in front of everyone.

Marley was glad for the distraction when Aiden came into view, whacking Leo on the back of the head as he passed them. He adjusted his helmet, which made him look like a Nascar driver in Marley's mind.