Chapter-3 First Meeting

Audrey was going towards the bridge, her classes were over, Abbie had gone to the washroom and she was waiting for her to come back. She reached the bridge and felt the fresh air. Suddenly, she turned and was surprised to see Austin standing in front of her.
"He must also be waiting for someone..." she thought.
He was looking at her, she became nervous, "I need to get out of here... I cannot stand in front of him for a long time, especially when he's looking at me like this" she thought and started moving in the opposite direction of him.
"Hey Audrey?" he said. Audrey was surprised and her eyes widened as she stopped. "I was waiting for you..." he said. Audrey turned around with wide eyes and a surprised look on her face.
"What?" she couldn't help and spoke out surprisingly.
"Um... I mean... I wanted to talk to you about the competition" he said stammering.
"What about the competition?"
"Come on..." he said amusingly. "You know that we've been paired to perform together at the annual competition... right?"
"Uh... yes... yes, of course, I know..."
"I wanted to ask you when we should start practicing?"
"Uh... we... we can start anytime..."
"Then, we can... start whenever you are free..."
"Okay... you can tell me when to start..."
"We can start from today..." Audrey looked at him surprisingly. "I... mean... if you are free..."
"I... I'm free"
Austin smiled, "Then... shall we start?"
Audrey looked at him, her heart was beating very fast. "Now?" she asked.
"I cannot wait anymore to be with you" he mumbled.
"What?" she asked.
"I... I said that we can start whenever you are comfortable..."
"Comfortable?"
"I... mean... free..." he kept his hand on his forehead as if confused, "What am I speaking today..." he said as if he's guilty of what he said.
Audrey smiled. Looking at her smile, Austin also smiled.
"It's so good to see her smile..." he thought.
"He's so cute..." she thought.
"Then, shall we start in the evening?" he asked.
"You can tell me the time, evening is fine..."
"How about six?"
"Perfect..." she smiled. Austin blinked a few times and then smiled.
"You'll kill me someday..." he thought.
"See you then..." he winked.
"Sure..." she said.
Austin turned around and started walking.
"Don't wink like this... please Austin... I'm gonna faint if you'll do this..." she thought. She kept her hand on her forehead, "What kind of magic have you done on me?" she thought and smiled as she watched him walk away.
Austin was smiling as he was walking, "What have you done to me, my angel... Is it some kind of magic... a kind that is just making me fall for you even more, whenever I see you?..." he thought. "You really are my angel..." he mumbled.

Austin met Shelby on his way back, she was with her friends.
"Can we talk?" Austin asked Shelby.
"Oh yeah, Austin baby, what is it?"
"Uh... I think we can talk more privately..."
"Oh come on Austin baby!... these are my friends, we can talk in front of them"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes... Go ahead..." Shelby said confidently.
"Okay then, listen... I think that we should... break up..."
There was silence,
"What?!" Shelby asked as if he had said something that she never expected. "Are you out of your senses?" she asked furiously. "Are you in love with someone else?"
Austin smiled, "Maybe..."
"What the hell!" she said exasperatedly. "Who is she?"
"She's an angel who has come from heaven to fill my lonely heart with love... heavenly love..."
"What?... What the hell are you talking about?"
"Now please Shelby, if you can excuse me, I need to go..."
"Stop Austin!... you cannot go..." she said but Austin kept on moving, he did not stop.

In the evening, Audrey told everything to Abbie and Olivia.
"Really? Did he call you? Then what will you wear?" asked Olivia.
"But he already has a girlfriend..." said Abbie.
"That is what I was thinking..." said Audrey.
"Oh come on! Audrey, don't think such silly things..." Olivia said exasperatedly. "He called you, and you have to go, plus, you want to go, I know... so concentrate on your hair and clothes, because I know that you don't have anything fashionable"
Audrey gave her a 'What-the-hell' look.
"Actually... she's right..." Abbie said and Audrey stared at her.
"Come on!... we need to find something for you to wear..." Olivia said pulling Audrey's arm.
"Okay, dress... done, now we need to do a little bit of makeup..." said Olivia.
"Enough..." said Audrey.
"Why?"
"I don't want to do any makeup or hairdo..."
"But why? If you will go like the way I'm saying, then Austin will immediately start liking you... trust me..." said Olivia trying to persuade Audrey.
"No, I'll go in a natural look..." said Audrey.
"What?" asked Olivia. "Don't you want him to like you?"
"I want, but I know that he will not like me, and plus why will he like me, when he has a girlfriend like Shelby?"
"Oh come on Audrey, you are much more beautiful than Shelby, do you know?"
"Okay... whatever, even if he likes me, I want him to like me the way I am... And now please let me go, I'll be late..."