Chapter-8 It's you, not her...

Audrey turned around and was about to leave when she heard,
"Oh my dear Austin baby... I don't know why you broke up with me, but I know you still love me"
Audrey turned back towards them and tried to listen what Shelby was saying.
"You know what honey, yesterday I heard that song, 'All good boys go to heaven... but bad boys bring heaven to you...' and I found that so much similar to you... you are a bad boy and that too my bad boy" Shelby said.
Audrey's eyes widened as she heard that, her face showed sadness. She looked towards the ground and kept her hand on her mouth sadly.
"Get away from me!" Suddenly Austin shouted. Audrey immediately looked at them as she heard him shout. Austin pushed Shelby away. "First of all, I'm not a bad boy... and secondly, even if I am, I'm not yours...!" He said furiously. "Do you get it?... now stay away from me... I don't wanna look at your face!"
Hearing that, Shelby got really angry, "What the hell! What has happened to you? Where's that Austin now who loves me unconditionally?" She asked.
"That Austin never existed, I never loved you... please get lost!... I don't want to be anymore rude with you..." he said angrily. Shelby stared at him furiously and went away stomping her feet.
Audrey was really happy after looking at how Austin behaved with Shelby and how much he hated her.
"It means he doesn't love her..." she thought and smiled. After about two minutes, Audrey went to Austin, "Hey..." she said. Austin looked at her and without saying anything, he held her hand. Audrey was surprised,
"Audrey... please listen to me... don't ever think that I like Shelby, I hate her... I just hate her!" He said with a sad face as if he was almost about to cry.
Audrey smiled, "I know..." she said.
"What?... you do?" He asked.
"Yeah..." she said and held his hand which was holding hers, "I do..." she said.
"But... how?"
"That day... when you said that you don't like her when we were at your place, I trusted you that day itself" she said smiling.
He smiled as he suddenly felt relieved and reached closer to hug her. She smiled and hugged him back.
They both stood silently at the bridge, Austin looked at Audrey,
... As the wind blew hurriedly... she started taking care of her hair and he... tried keeping down his heartbeats...

Days passed by and the annual trip was almost there. Everyone was really happy and excited and busy preparing for the trip. It was Sunday, Audrey Abbie and Olivia were busy packing for the trip. They were supposed to leave for the trip next day. Suddenly, the phone rang, Abbie went to answer it,
"Hello..." she said but no one replied.
"Hellooo..." she said again but still there was no answer.
It was Austin on the other side of the phone,
"Okay... I understood... Audrey... this call is for you..." she said. Audrey came running towards the phone hearing this and snatched the receiver from Abbie. Olivia and Abbie bursted into laughter seeing Audrey's reaction.
Audrey cleared her throat before keeping the receiver close to her mouth,
"Hello..." she said in a sweet voice. Austin smiled as he heard her voice.
"How are you?" He asked.
"Umm... good..." she replied.
"Done packing?"
"Almost... and... you?"
"I... Uh... I'm... actually... bad at packing things..."
"Do you... need a helping hand?" She asked.
"Uh... no... it's fine..."
"I can... come if you want"
"You will come?"
"Uh... yeah..." she said stammering.
"Umm... I... I could use a lil help out there... then..." he said shyly.
"Okay... I'll come in an hour..." she said smiling.
"Okay... Uh... thank you so much..."
"Your welcome" she said smiling.