Chapter-7 Competition Cancelled!

After a few weeks, only ten days were left for the music competition. Austin and audrey were busy practising.
"I've an announcement to make..." the music teacher said during the music class. "The competitions has been postponed..."
"What?!" Austin and suddenly shouted in unison.
"I don't know the date yet..."
"Then how will we know?" Asked austin.
"I guess it'll be after a month" the teacher said.
"But... the annual trip is in three weeks" Austin objected.
"Yeah..." Audrey said.
"Then you guys will have to decide whether you want to go to the trip or participate"
"Of course I want to go to the trip... but... we've been practising for so long" Austin said.
"Yeah... I don't want to cancel the competition and also want to go to the trip" Audrey said.
"Then, what do you want to do?"
"The trip is of three weeks and the competition will surely come in between" Austin said.
"Then... shall we give up the competition?" Audrey asked.
"I think... we'll have to" Austin said sadly.
"Okay then, I'll take our school's participation back" The teacher said and she went out of the classroom.
Audrey's and Austin looked at each other sadly. Audrey took her bag and started to move out of the class, Abbie followed her.
"Audrey..." Austin called, she turned back and looked at her, "I... I hope that... even if we won't practice anymore, still we'll be friends..." he said.
"Uh... yeah... of course... we're friends" she said, Austin smiled,
"I... Can I... see you at the bridge today?" He asked.
Audrey looked at him and then blushed, "Sure..." she smiled.
Austin smiled, "Then, I'll see you at three in the afternoon..."
Audrey smiled and he went after saying this.
"Ahem... ahem... can I ask what was this?" Abbie said amusingly.
Audrey blushed, "No..." she said laughing and then ran away.

In the afternoon, Audrey went to the bridge, Austin was already there.
"Oh... you're here..." he said.
"Uh... yeah... have you been waiting for long?" She asked.
"No... I just came" he said. "By the way... I'm glad you came..."
Audrey smiled.
Suddenly, Austin's phone rang, it was Shelby. Austin ignored the call and kept the phone back in his pocket.
"You can take it... if... it's important..." Audrey said.
"No, no... it's not important... Uh... not at all..."

Audrey started humming a romantic song,
"Do you like this song?" He asked.
"Yeah... it's a good song, but... such romantic songs feel even more good when there's someone that special in life..."
"But these songs also feel good when you're near to that special someone and you're waiting for them to come into your life" he said.
"So, you still are waiting for that special someone to come into your life?" She asked.
"Yeah... she's very close to me but I want her to be inside my heart... inside my soul... so that u can feel the warmth of her love in me..." he said.
Audrey looked at him and smiled, "I want to be inside your heart... my love..." she thought.
"Can I ask you something?" He said.
"Yeah, sure... what is it?"
"Can you... Uh... accompany me to watch the sunrise everyday when we'll go on that trip?"
"Sunrise?" She asked.
"Yeah... only if you feel comfortable"
Audrey thought for a moment and the she smiled, "Sure, I also love to watch sunrise" she said. "And... it'll become even more beautiful when I'll watch it with you..." she thought.
Austin's eyes gloomed, "Thank you so much..." he said. "Uh... and one more thing... will I see you here again... tomorrow?"
"Sure..." she said smiling and he grinned.

The next day, Austin was waiting for Audrey at the bridge. Suddenly, Shelby came and started flirting with Austin. She held Austin's neck seductively. She came really close to Austin as if she was about to kiss him. Suddenly, Audrey came from a distance. She was able to see them but they were not able to see her. Audrey was very disappointed and sad to see Austin so close to Shelby.
"I don't think I can ever be his... he only loves Shelby..." she thought as a tear slipped from her cheek.

" she thought as a tear slipped from her cheek