Chapter-13 Confession is... Difficult!

"Morning..." Austin said greeting Audrey.
"Good morning..." she smiled.
"How are you?"
"Uh... I'm good..."
"Do you remember, you were drunk last night"
"Umm... yes..."
"Do you remember anything?"
"Umm... yes..."
"What do you remember?"
"I went to the washroom and then didnt return for a lot of time, you came searching for me and then took me to my room..."
"Umm... is that all?"
"Uh... yes..."
Austin laughed sarcastically,
"What happened?" Audrey asked.
"You know what, this is the story your friends told you"
"No... I... I remember everything..."
"Okay... if you really do, then tell me what took you so long to come back from the washroom..."Audrey not her lip, "Tell me, Audrey..."
"I... I... don't know..." she said in very low volume.
"If you were told, in what trouble you were last night, I bet... you'll not be able to come out of your house for a week, out of fear"
Audrey's mouth dropped, "Wh... What?"
"Yes... it's true..."
"Why... what happened?"
"I won't tell you... because I don't want you to be trapped inside your house for a week. But... I want you to remember... that when you're drunk, you should never go anywhere alone, not even to the washroom..."
"Sorry..."
"Not me, be sorry to yourself"
Audrey looked towards the ground as if she was ashamed of herself. "You know... I don't even want to imagine that what would have happened to you if I wouldn't have reached there" Austin said very seriously.
"I'll be more cautious, next time..." Audrey finally said.
Austin took an deep breath,
"Anyways..." He said, "Now... I want to discuss something... else"
"What?"
"Audrey, I have a situation in which I'm stuck, I want you to tell me what would you have done, if... you would've been in the similar situation... will you?"
"Sure..."
"Okay... so, the situation is that... I'm in love with a girl from last two-three months"
Audrey looked at him and was unsuccessful in hiding the sadness on her face as she heard that.
"... and?..." she asked with a heavy heart.
"And yesterday night, I came to know that she's also in love with me. But the shocking part is that she has been liking me since... ages... even before I started liking her"
Audrey was surprised, her eyes widened. "You know, I fell in love for the first time in my life and that too in 'three seconds'. She was running and we collided, as I saw her face, I fell for her... it was... love at first sight" Audrey's anxiety and surprise was reaching an infinite level. "And now... its very disappointing to know that's he also loves me, but she never confessed her feelings"
"... now... what do you want from me?" Audrey's heart was pounding, she was nervous. She was fully aware of what would've happened last night.
"I want you to tell me, what would you have done in this situation, would you have been angry on that person for not confessing earlier?"

She took a deep breath before answering,
"If... I would've been... in this situation, I would've never been... angry on that person..." she sighed and closed her eyes.
"Why?" He asked.
"According to me, if a girl likes a boy and she doesn't confess, there can be two reasons for that... the first reason is that she might think that the guy is way too popular and has a lot of chances to be rejected..."
"But why would she have a fear of rejection when she is beautiful enough to make any boy fall for her?"
"This again comes with popularity, the girl might think that she doesn't deserve a guy like her crush..."
"But that's not true!"
"The second reason is... the fear of losing..."
"Fear of losing? Like seriously... if he's just a crush, the it means that he's not her boyfriend in the first place, then how can she lose him?"
"It's the fear of losing the chance of even looking at him. Looking at the person you like... brings a smile on your face... you realise that... the moment you were looking at him were the happiest moments of your day, when you realise how important those moments are for you, then you... want to preserve them. At that time, you cannot let the chance of having more moments like them be snatched away from you, no matter what..."
Silence covered both of them, Austin was so touched by those words that he was not able to speak. Finally... after a few minutes, he had the courage to speak,
"But... what if you crush like you, and will be yours when you'll confess you feelings?"
"But... that happens... very very rarely, Austin. And... when the glance of someone is so important to you, you cannot afford to risk it, in any case..."
"No even for the sake of becoming his girlfriend?"
"No doubt, becoming his girl would be... really... really... good... but... it's a fantasy, and fantasies are not... real, for a fantasy, you cannot risk a beautiful reality you have"
Austin sighed, "I see..."
"You understood?"
"Yes... I did... I did understood that it's really difficult to confess your love..." he then stopped talking and there was once again silence.
"But..." he spoke again, "I can... confess..."
Audrey's eyes shoot up to meet his, she was really surprised. "You must've understood by now who's the girl I'm talking about..."
Audrey didn't say anything, she just looked into his hypnotising, sparkling eyes...
Austin came closer to her and looked into her eyes, passionately...
"I want her to be mine!" He said.