CH 5: Deja Vu

She looked to her right.

No one.

­­­Then someone tapped her left shoulder and handed her strawberry milk.

"We're late to school." Changmin said and took a sip of his banana milk as if nothing wrong has happened.

"I know.." Hyewon stabbed the straw into the top of the bottle and started to drink slowly, gulping slowly.

After a few moments of silence Hyewon decided to say something to break it. "Are you okay?"

"I should be asking that to you." He said in between slurps.

"Huh..?" Hyewon stopped drinking to hear what Changmin had to say.

"You were in the middle of the sidewalk, it looked like you were getting possessed or something.. Are you okay?"

At first Hyewon didn't understand Changmin but after recalling what happened, she started to feel slightly light-headed. "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Who were you talking to?" Changmin continued to drink his banana milk, determined to know what happened.

"Oh.. Ayno." She said quietly.

"What was he saying to you?" His banana milk was finished yet he continued to slurp, making noises.

"He was just.." She paused "Asking me if I was the new girl." Hyewon smiled slightly.

She knew that she never wanted to lie but she desperately didn't want anything to happen between her and Changmin; he was her first friend anyways. "Having friends, you always have to be careful" was what she always told herself.

"You sure?" He raised his eyebrows while putting his milk down and staring deeply into Hyewon's eyes.

"Yeah, he didn't recognize me anyways so it was only natural to ask me if I was new." Hyewon tried her best to avoid eye contact with Changmin but it wasn't helping since his eyes were very pretty to look away from.

After 30 seconds of silence, he stood up and held onto his backpack straps; similar to how Hyewon did when she first arrived at the school.

"Where are you going?" She looked up at Changmin who was still holding onto his bottle.

"I'm going to find a garbage can, and then I'm skipping school." He looked down at her and smirked, "Care to join me?"

What could Hyewon say? Though he made everything like hell to her on the first day, he came to her as a good friend after a while.

"Sure." She said quietly.

"Great, I'll lead the way since you're new here." He for once showed his beautiful teeth and threw out his bottle to the nearest garbage can he could find, then led the way.

🥛 🥛 🥛

Hyewon started to feel light headed when they reached their destination.

"What's this place?" She asked as she looked through the lines of trees, very picture-esque.

He sighed out, "I always came here when I was younger but stopped."

"Why?" She asked and looked around a bit more, the trees were all covering the sun because of it's height and the small table in the center of the shade contributed to how pretty the scenery was. The atmosphere was just.. amazing.

Some reason, it gave Hyewon deja vu.

"Because my best friend stopped coming here. Never heard from her for so long." The atmosphere got quiet and sadness filled the air slowly. "We used to drink milk and dance here all the time. It was a thing for both of us... Until one day she never came. I waited for her for hours.. I even ditched dinner just to wait for her, but she never came." He took a long pause. "Finally when she came sometime in the night, I told her I never wanted to see her again."

Hyewon's heart started to slowly calm after hearing such story.

"I regretted that with all my heart, I was waiting for her to come, but once she did, I told my best friend to stop coming. I was young and dumb." He sighed once more while fiddling with his fingers.

Curiosity arose, "Does she have a name..?"

He shook his head in regards to not knowing her name. "We only used to call eachother nicknames. Her nickname was dwarf and mines was cow." He chuckled and Hyewon smiled.

Hyewon blinked a few times and nodded at his confession, however she kept quiet because she didn't know his life enough to say something.

"I'd do anything just to see her again, even if it's just once. But I doubt it cause that was years ago and she probably wouldn't recognize me." He looked up at Hyewon who was looking down at the floor and fidgeting a bit. Changmin reckoned she was sleeping.

He scoffed, "Are you sleeping after all that?" He came closer to Hyewon once she was seen losing balance while sitting.

As a result, Hyewon fell into his arms.

🥛 🥛 🥛

Hyewon opened her eyes to a blurry and dark but familiar place.

Oh right, she was just here. Then where's Changmin?

It was night, and the trees covered the moon which was the only source for light.

"Was I sleeping for that long..?" She asked herself and rubbed her eyes. "Changmin?" She yelled out and looked at her surroundings until she saw a young boy's back sitting on the table, and staring at the tree infront of him.

Hyewon came closer, slowly and hesitantly.

Hah, he looks like Changmin with his long neck. She snickered at her own remark.

"Excuse me.. What are you doing here? It's already dark.." She was already close enough to him so she knew he heard her but noticed that the boy didn't listen to her. "Little boy..?" She furrowed her eyebrows and tried to grab onto his shoulder but her hand went through him.­

Hyewon widened her eyes and looked at her hand, but before she could think of anything else, a little girl came running to him, panting.

"Cow!" She yelled and sat beside him, still panting. "I'm here now, sorry-"

"Never come here again."

"What..?" She held her breath at the sudden remark.

The boy took a huge breath, "I said, never come here again. I don't want to see you anymore." He repeated more coldly.

"But-"

"Do I need to say it three times??!!" He yelled and stood up, pointing to where the little girl came from.

The little girl looked at his eyes for a few seconds before running off to where she came from.

Hyewon remembered the story Changmin had told her, "It's just like what he told me.." She whispered and ran after the girl.

The streets were dark while Hyewon watched her run away. She looked back at the boy only to see him hugging hisc calves tightly, his face stuffed in his knee caps.

She slowly walked back to the boy, but before she can even reach him, the whole world fell apart and everything turned brightly white. Hearing distinctive chattering, she was slowly coming back to reality.

Hyewon slowly opened her eyes and she was met with a bright light, forcing her to close her eyes again.

I'm in the hospital? She groaned internally.

"Hyewon?" A sudden voice asked, sounding happy.

She opened her eyes to see Changmin tower over her.

"Changmin?" She asked quietly.

"Yes.. You passed out." He said and stared at her with worried eyes.

Her upper teeeth grasped her bottom lips, and finally she said "I'm sorry."

🥛~~~~🥛

so many comebacks are happening lately ;( my multifandom ass is screaming inside.

I feel like this story is getting boring buT I will make it more exciting yes. :)

enjoy!