CH 7: Fault

Hyewon had to admit she was rude to Changmin the other day. Her thoughts succumbed to her while she was on the way to the bus stop.

He's innocent, why did you yell at him, you dumbass.. He did nothing wrong, and it wasn't his fault your bag was heavy. He also took you to the hospital! How will I apologize now? Will he even accept my apology?

Hyewon paused on thinking when she reached the bus stop. She look around for Changmin.
No sign of him at all.
He was usually noticeable since he always stayed away from the crowd.. Weird how he wasn't here today.

"Maybe he's in the crowd.." She suggested but that wouldn't be likely. Changmin didn't really like crowds and always stood away from them, drinking his milk away.

"Eh. I should stop assuming, and I shouldn't get distracted by a boy!" She awkwardly laughed to herself while some students were looking back at her. She really needed to fix her 'talking to self out loud' problem.

"I heard Changmin met up with Ayno last night!" Hyewon heard from the crowd. "And Ayno was holding something.. It was a school bag!" The student paused "Don't you think there could be something suspicious in there..?"

Another student replied "Yeah!! And not to mention, I heard that Changmin was yelling at Ayno for the school bag. That bag seemed important, maybe it was owned by his father or something." They giggled, their voices were overtaken by the crowds noises as the bus came.

Hyewon felt a pang in her heart. She guessed what might've happened, though she hoped that no harm was done.

Finally she got on the bus, dozing off, not paying attention when some passengers asked her to move aside since it was their stop. Of course, the students were looking at her as if she were some kind of creature from another planet who wasn't familiar with societal norms. But Hyewon felt unbothered, no expression on her face. All she could think about was Changmin.

She totally forgot about what happened a day ago with the encounter regarding Ayno. She kept on thinking about what Ayno could've done to Changmin, if Changmin was hurt, she knew it was all her fault. Everything seemed to be all her fault. Heck it was probably her fault for coming to this school.

But she knew why destiny pulled her to this school; not only was it to start a new life, but to also meet her long life friend whom she hasn't seen in years. To retrieve the memories they couldn't make together, to start a new life with eachother, but Hyewon knew she ruined it all. She was scared she ruined her reputation in front of the school, not only her reputation but Changmin's also. It'd be her fault at the end of the day.

Hyewon snapped out of her thoughts when the students started hopping off the bus. She didn't feel like moving, but she had to. She had to do something, make a change for the better. Even if it were to ruin her reputation, she needed to better everything, for Changmin. The boy she ran away from, and didn't bother to explain her memories to him when she got the chance.

Hyewon got off the bus and looked at the school in front of her. Just like when she first started attending here. Except if was a different vibe and her school bag wasn't with her. The atmosphere was nothing close to when she first came here.

She looked around and started heading towards the school, having to steal glances from students who looked at her. Notably because she wasn't wearing her school bag.

She headed inside their homeroom class and unlocked her locker.

And there it was.

Her school bag that was missing.

She took it out and looked around for Changmin. When she couldn't find him around the classroom, she opened up her bag to see if her belongings were in here. Everything was safe.

Changmin was watching through the classroom window leading to the hall. A band-aid was noticeable on his left cheek. He walked away once Hyewon looked around the classroom again.

"Has anyone seen Changmin?" She asked the whole class. Changmin heard this and stopped in his tracks after he passed the classroom door.

The students looked at her and back at their friends, shaking their heads and whispering some things to eachother.

"Anyone..?" Her voice cracked a little though no one noticed except for Changmin since he was close to the classroom door.

One student raised their hand. "I saw him walking around the halls.." He said quietly.

"Thank you." She said while rushing out and seeing a boy turn the corner quickly. Hyewon held tightly onto her school bag and followed the boy. Changmin led Hyewon on a wild goose chase until they reached an empty staircase. Once she was finally close enough, she grabbed his arm and made him turn her way. The first thing she noticed was the band-aid.

"Changmin I-" She brought up her right hand to caress his left cheek but Changmin quickly slapped it away.

"Don't talk to me." He remarked and turned his back from her.

"Wh- why?" After being met with silence, her fists balled up, "Are you satisfied that I'm not talking to you? You don't even wanna hear me out?"

Changmin didn't turn around but shut his eyes in frustration. "It's for your own good, don't talk to me starting for today." He started walking to the door leading to the hallway.

"Cow.." She muttered Changmin's nickname. Changmin stopped his tracks. "I'm sorry." She said and walked closer. She hesitated but back hugged Changmin. Changmin was shocked at the sudden action but didn't move an inch to see what Hyewon would say.

"I'm sorry I left without saying a word and not explaining to you what happened. I'm sorry I left like the day I left you crying. I'm sorry I left you so miserable in the same woods, alone, just like the past. It's all my fault, and I'm sorry I got you into this." She was on the brink of crying and ended up laying her head on his back, causing a tear to fall down.

"So it was you.." He whispered.

Suddenly they both heard a voice from behind.

"Ahh, Changmin-ah. Broke your promise already?"

🥛~~~~🥛

its raining and theres thunder and im currently in my room with the lights off. I AM SO-
hey guys, please check out my other FF "The Photograph" its a up10tion FF and i'd be very honoured if I atleast get 1 view or something (the only view I got is one from myself) :(( tysm tho!