CH 17: Keep It In

"And do you think you can get away from this?!"

"It's my life not yours." The boy responded harshly.

"I'm part of your life, I can interfere if I want too."

Changmin scoffed. "You were right on that part.."

Hyewon flipped her hair as in 'I'm always right' kind of way but then went back to seriousness. "You should've told me before."

Changmin directed his head to Hyewon. "Why? So we wouldn't even be together in the first place?"

Hyewon tiled her head. "Ehh.. It's for your own good."

"My own good is being with you!"

Hyewon felt a pang in her heart. "Your so cheesy, stop."

Changmin let out a cheesy smile and heaved a big sigh. "My dad's getting out tomorrow. I'll explain it to him."

"Or we can pretend like we don't know eachother..?" Hyewon stated, hoping she was a genius.

Changmin crossed his arms "It's like your asking for us to break up."

Hyewon widened her eyes. "No no no that's not what I meant!" She paused and whispered. "I just thought it's a good idea."

Changmin laughed and took a milk out of his bag.

"You and your milk. Are you cheating on me?" Hyewon gasped in disbelief.

"Yes." He said and poked a straw.

"Changmin!" They both darted their heads up to the noise.

It was no other than Changmin's great father.

"I thought he was suppose to come out tomorrow?" He whispered to Hyewon but she just shook her head while shrugging.

Changmin stood up properly and held Hyewon closely.

Is this like Meteor Garden all over again? Always having something to interfere with the relationship? Hyewon thought but there were no 4 hot guys so..

The man directed his gaze to Hyewon. She gulped hard.

They were walking around the neighborhood so it made sense how he could find them so easily.

"Changmin. Let's go home." He said simply and walked back to the car. He wasn't in any prison clothes, he was in a suit. Did he come back early?

Changmin didn't obey his father and held Hyewon tighter.

"I don't know this man." Hyewon pulled away from Changmin's tight embrace. Changmin's eyebrows crashed together as he looked at Hyewon.

Changmin's father slowly turned back and if you looked closely, a small smile crept up his face for 0.1 seconds. "Is that so?"

Hyewon nodded and Changmin mouthed at her 'What are you doing?' Hyewon nodded back as a reply and stepped forward.

"In fact, this man is so disobedient, rude, narcissist, and evil. Why would I stand a guy like him?"

Changmin's father didn't say anything indicating he wanted to hear more; while Changmin's heart was slowly breaking apart.

"He always thinks about himself and not others. He doesn't care about anything except.." Hyewon paused before her killing part. "His business."

Changmin's father small smile faltered and he stepped closer to Hyewon.

"If you're expecting me to say sorry, please rethink your morals. Why would I even say sorry to a disobedient, rude, narcissist, and evil man?"

She looked back at Changmin. "Whilst, his son, is a angel. He's amazing, nice, kind, caring, loving, cow, funny, the list could go on and on." She smiled softly and looked back at Changmin's father. "Now tell me. Why is this so? How can such a cold person have an angelic son?"

His father stood still, not saying anything once again. It's as if he didn't say anything because he knew he was defeated.

"If you won't answer I will." Before Changmin's father was about to open his mouth, Hyewon responded right away. "It's because I know that the father of the son is a good person inside. He's too scared to show it because of the reputation of himself. He's a coward."

Changmin's father looked up and he didn't have anger in his eyes. He knew that all Hyewon was saying was true.

"Why is he a coward? Well.. He's a coward because he's known as the bad guy who owns a drug dealing business or what not. He's doing this to distract him from his family. Because he already lost a big part of his family."

Hyewon's heart rate was probably over how much the machine could ever take.

"He's scared. But doesn't show it. He knows what he's doing and regrets it deeply inside. Because he doesn't wanna ruin the image he has created. His mindset is like there's no turning back. Always look at the future, not the past." Hyewon took a break after rapping before speaking up again. "Don't you agree?"

Again, nothing. Just like a statue. "In a nutshell, he's a good person. But doesn't want people to think of him differently. That's what every person's mindset is. They keep it in."

Hyewon walked back to Changmin and held his hand. "Let's go, cow." Changmin smiled back, he was proud of her for standing up. Even though it took a lot of courage. At times, Hyewon was shaking but she knew she had to stand up.

And then everything went blurry.

🥛~~~~🥛

ahh drama. I'm not a fond of drama and I didn't mean to add this much drama but I just wanted to continue this story as much as I can. (:

THANk YOU SO MUCH FOR 600+ READS!! really, I cannot thank you guys enough ;'(