CH 6: School Bag

"Hah you're funny." Was all Changmin said.

"No, you don't understand." Hyewon argued back.

"You're probably delusional after passing out that hard." He shrugged.

Hyewon's eyebrows furrowed and her jaw dropped. Finally, the doctor came.

"She's ready to go, but she'll be needing to take these medications, before she eats any meals." The doctor said to Changmin as if he was her guardian; then she looked at Hyewon. "If anything is wrong, please come back and schedule an appointment, we'll check up on you next week. You're off to go." She said and left them there.

"What the hell, I swear I didn't pass out." Hyewon insisted and sat up in a fast motion.

"Then what are you doing in a hospital? Did you fall off a cliff? Did you drown? Did you get hit by a car?" He said while taking out strawberry milk and sipping on it. The last sentence really got to Hyewon.

"Hit by a car..?" She asked Changmin, looking deeply into his eyes.

"Ohh come on Hyewon, you know I'm just kidding." He awkwardly laughed and sipped faster on his strawberry milk.

Hyewon rushed out the door, she noticed it was dark outside. "What time is it?" She asked when Changmin caught up.

"8:07PM, you were asleep for so dang long, they were about to do some procedures on you in case there was a diagnosis. We thought you were in a coma but it wasn't possible for you to be in a coma just by passing out, right?" He kept on blabbering on while Hyewon was trying to find her phone. It wasn't there, not only was her phone not there, but also her bag!

"Yo Milk Boy." She said while searching her pockets.

"Hey, don't call me that ever again, I thought we're friends." He threatened with his pointer finger.

Hyewon looked back at the boy. "Shut up, no time for being all pouty. My bag. Where is it?"

Changmin collected himself and looked up at the night sky trying to remember.

"OHhh! I think it's back at the secret place I showed you.. I left it there because you carry a shitload of stuff in there."

"And you say you're so strong by drinking a lot of milk." She snickered at his excuse.

"What was that?" Changmin asked after dozing off.

Hyewon didn't hesitate to run to the bus stop.

"Why are you in such a rush? We can just retrieve it tomorrow."

"What do you mean 'why are you in such a rush'? I'm not gonna wake up early in the morning just to get my ass there and retrieve my bag, where my phone is in, where my finished homework is in, where my personal stuff is in. You think I'd just leave it there for some jerk to come and steal it?"

Changmin shrugged and threw out his strawberry milk in a nearby garbage can.

"I only know where the place is. It's not like some jerk will come late at night." He said and scavaged around his bag for another snack or drink. "Except for animals."

Hyewon looked at Changmin and widened her eyes. "You know what animals could do? They'd think my bag is their baby. Or even worse, they'd think my bag is food." If eyes could kill, Changmin would be on the floor.

"Stop it, get some milk." He said and handed Hyewon a bottle of banana milk.

"Never say that again, please." She begged him.

The bus had finally arrived and Hyewon rushed in. They found a seat and Changmin grabbed a milk carton, offering it to Hyewon but she shook her head.

"Hey, I have a question." Changmin said, pure curiosity evident in his voice. "Why did you pass out? Are you allergic to something... or maybe you have narcolepsy..?" He seemed concerned and Hyewon took notice.

She smiled, "Thanks for being concerned milk boy, but getting my bag is more important than asking useless questions I don't know how to answer."

Changmin blinked countless times, "You don't know why you passed out?"

This boy talks so much. Even with milk in his mouth he still can't shut his mouth up?

Hyewon didn't answer Changmin as their bus got to a stop. They rushed out while Changmin followed closely behind Hyewon.

When they got to the secret magical place, without a doubt, the bag was no where to be found. "Where did you put my bag? My precious bag?" She asked and looked around and behind trees.

"On the table.." He said and looked at the table. Nothing.

"Hey give me your phone."

"Why? You want my number?" He smirked through sipping his straw.

"No." She said and grabbed the phone from Changmin. She called her phone and couldn't hear it.

Worry kicked her in the face, "I swear I charged it before going out.. Did I put in on mute?" She muttered to herself.

She used the flashlight on his phone and looked around. No sign of any bag, except dark shadows.

"Weird.." She whispered to herself. She walked closer to the shadows but after one blink, they were gone.

"Hey, we can just find it tomorrow-"

"No. It could've possibly been taken. You think we'd find it in one day? This forest is close to a neighborhood. You think it'd be easy for it, not to get lost?" She was almost yelling now.

"Look-"

"I don't wanna hear your words. I trusted you." She said coldly. As she was about to walk away Changmin held onto her wrist. "Wait, there's always hop-"

She groaned out, "Let go of me. I had a lot of things in my bag, espiecally my precious phone!" Her blood was boiling and her heart was beating fast, "You're just gonna give me a bad reputation. You probably use your dads money to buy yourself milk." She looked at his eyes after saying those hurtful words, seeing sadness and anger in it.

Changmin let go of her wrist and watched Hyewon leave the scene in an instant.

She had to admit, the last sentence she said was very inconsiderate for her to say. Changmin was nice to her however she couldn't get over the fact that her school bag was lost; it contained precious items dear to her.

🥛 🥛 🥛

Changmin stood in the depths of the shadows of the trees and let go of the bottle he was holding, letting it fall onto the cold ground.

"This bag, is it what you're looking for?" He heard a voice from behind him, seeing a shadow. The only thing visible to him was Hyewon's backpack making him slightly gasp.

"Give it back." He said coldly.

"Then do me a favor." Though Changmin couldn't see, the person smirked in the dark.

🥛~~~~🥛

HIIII poor promotion but check out my other fanfiction "The Photograph (Wei/Lee Sungjun FF)" I'd be very happy id you guys did :) TYVM!