CH 13: </3

Hyewon put her glass down on the table and eyed the family carefully.

"Why did we let them in anyways?" Hyewon muttered to Sangyeon.

"Cause Eric is here..?" He muttered back and took a sip of his water, Hyewon scoffed at her brother's Eric complexity.

"Hyewon.. I can explain.." Heejin was about to grab Hyewon's arm but Hyewon dodged her attack. "You clearly don't need to explain, Heejin. The answer is already in front of me." Hyewon crossed her legs while looking elsewhere.

Silence took over and no one dared to say a word, but Hyewon took the risk and tried to go to her room before she could hear a word from them, however Heejin held her arm. "Please, let me explain."

Hyewon shoved her arm away and entered her room; however without notice, Heejin also entered her room and closed the door slowly.

"You knew, didn't you?" Hyewon asked facing away from her.

"How can I not know my big sister?"

Once Hyewon heard those words, she had mixed feelings about the whole situation and finally faced Heejin. "Why did you keep it a secret? Was this your plan all along?"

"Part of it was.." She looked down. "I miss you, Hyewon. From the day we put you up for adoption, I cried continuously."

"Well honestly I miss the adoption staff more than I miss you guys." She muttered.

"Hm?" Heejin popped her head up.

She can't just talk to the reason why she ended up here in the first place.

My dad was a school principal, yet they couldn't pay for our school costs? Mom was a doctor, yet they couldn't pay for my surgery costs?

"If you care about me this much, just leave me alone. Please?" Hyewon begged.

Heejin slowly nodded and opened the door to her room then closing it slowly behind her. The last words Heejin said about crying really hit Hyewon. She's not lying, right? Heejin is Hyewon's half sister, and you can trust sisters, but how can you trust a sister that just lied to your face?

The abandonment left little Hyewon out of it for months, she isolated herself from the staff and chose to forget everything regarding her family situation; the car accident also played a huge role in her remembering certain memories. Sangyeon and Hyewon never spoke about the situation again to keep them safe from the past.

Hyewon felt dizzy and decided to take a rest so her mind would be at ease; hoping that they could leave.

...

"Wake up!!" A voice said. It somewhat sounded like a little boy's voice. "Hurry up Hyewon-ah! We're gonna be late for school."

"Just 1 more hour would be fine." A little girl's voice responded.

"I walked all the way here just to wake you up! Get up!" The little boy replied. Hyewon opened her eyes once the voice got loud, she blinked multiple times as her vision was blurry but focused and saw..

A little boy?

"What are you doing in my room, little boy?" Hyewon asked out of curiosity.

"Excuse you, but I'm not a little boy." The little boy's voice suddenly turned deep, his figure grew taller and he finally looked about the same age as Hyewon.

"What the hell Changmin!!! What are you doing in my sweet humble abode?" Hyewon rubbed her eyes although still being surprised.

"I said, we're late for school and you weren't at the bus stop so I came here and woke you up. Your brother let me in if you're wondering." He grabbed a banana milk from his backpack and stabbed a straw aggressively, making some banana milk spill onto Hyewon's bed. Changmin showed his pretty dimples and laughed out.