CH 8: Smiles

Hyewon let go of Changmin and looked back.

Of course. Ayno.

"Hyewon, you didn't consider the words I told you about Changmin?" He crossed his arms and tapped his foot.

"Why would I?" She stuck her tongue out. "He's a good person, unlike you who's sabotaging someone younger than you for no good reason! You don't even know his life so don't start speaking lies." She crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow, waiting for his response with minimal patience.

"You're new to this school so you don't know anything about him like the students do. Come on Hyewon-ah, you're better than this." He sighed out.

"I may be new to this school, but I've knew Changmin ever since we were younger. I know about him more than you do, more than this whole school does, you may not believe me but, then again, how should you know?" She said quickly and was wondering if Ayno understood what she had said.

"Why are you even friends with a coward?" He pointed behind her. Hyewon looked behind her and Milk Boy magically disappeared. Oh geez.

"He probably couldn't take your lame comebacks." She smiled innocently.

"You shouldn't treat your senior like this." He defensively stated. Hyewon rolled her eyes and walked towards Ayno, causing him to back up.

"Who's the coward now?" She smirked and walked out the door.

Once she was out, she saw crowds of girls and boys huddling together with their phones out. They probably took videos about what had just happened inside.

"Has anyone seen Changmin?" She asked loudly. Some students pointed to the gates of the school.

"School started and he's already skipping classes?" She muttered and jogged to the gates. Hyewon looked around and saw a boy walking slowly at the sidewalk, the opposite way to where the neighborhood was. Hyewon raced to the boy.

"Changmin!" She called out and slowed her pace to match with his pace. She examined Changmin's face.

"Why didn't you tell me." He finally asked.

"Tell you?" She tilted her head and her heart beat faster.

Not another argument please.

"Why did you leave me all alone!?" He yelled and stopped walking to face Hyewon.

"Changmin.. You know we were still young-"

"So all you did was run? Run?!" He said coldly.

"Changmin.." She stepped closer but Changmin backed up.

"I've waited for you all this time. Yet you decided to keep it a secret from me." His eyes could kill.

"I didn't find out until a few-"

Changmin breathed out heavily, "This is why we're all in this mess. Because of you."

"Me?! Please help me understand what I did wrong." Her voice was evidently upset, the mood was gloomy and full of anger.

"That's why my dad is like this. That's why my life is messed up! All because you didn't tell me sooner."

A day ago he's all 'I miss her' and now he's mad at me?

"Let me explain-"

"No. I don't wanna hear it." He was breathing heavily now.

"Are we ree the scene now? Is that what you want?!" She yelled back trying not to hold her tears back.

It's been hell without Changmin. All Hyewon could remember is that it's been hard making friends. Ever since the accident.

"Just mind your own business." He said coldly before walking again.