CH 10: Bad, Good, Worse

"Why are we here again?" The girl asked the boy who was staring intensely at the girl behind the counter. "It looks like you're going to shoot lasers out of your eyes, you're scaring me." The girl backed up in her seat.

"I like bread." He replied shortly.

Heejin gave Changmin a weird look before following where his eyes led too. Heejin's face brightened when she saw Hyewon handing a man a baguette. "Enjoy this baguette."

"Thank you. By the way do you have any birthday candles?" The man tilted his head.

"Oh, no but there's market around the block.. Is it someone's birthday today? You can always purchase a cake here." She smiled sweetly at the customer.

"Yep, I already bought the cake." He pointed at the baguette. Hyewon widened her eyes.

Who in thy right mind- Actually, never mind, I'd do the same.

"Okay. Happy birthday to your friend." She waved.

"His name is Dowoon." He smiled before exiting the bakery.

"What's so special about a baguette?" Changmin scoffed and took a sip of his chocolate milk.

As Heejin waited for her to stop talking to the man, she waved aggressively in order for Hyewon to notice her. "Hyewon!!" She yelled, making some customers look her way.

Hyewon was taken aback when she saw Heejin. She awkwardly waved back and her eyes landed on the person in front of her. Ji Changmin. What a surprise.

Heejin hurriedly ran to Hyewon. "Wow. You're so lucky to work in a bakery, the smell is so nice here." She looked around at the dull ceiling.

I'm so lucky to get flour thrown at my face by my coworkers, complaints that the bread is not baked enough when it actually is, and little kids running around the shop taking the baked goods from the shelves!

Hyewon nodded and tried to fake a smile. "Very lucky."

"I'm actually looking for a part time job also, it'd be a wish granted if I could work in such a nice bakery with you!" She clasped her hands together like a princess first meeting their prince charming.

"Oh! Haha. Well. There's plenty of jobs around here, like that poop café, it opened up and I bet it'd smell way better there!" Hyewon nonchalantly smiled.

"Oh...." She trailed off.

Heejin was a nice girl and all but.. She's a bit too desperate at times. That's what makes Hyewon dislike about her.

Then Heejin motioned for Changmin to come, he sipped his chocolate milk not caring less and stayed put in his seat- until Heejin came and wooped his ass. Lol just joking

(a/n: it's 2022 and I'm cringing at my own story. I'm so sorry to those who decided to finish this book because I can't even read it myself gahhh)

Heejin grabbed Changmin by the arm, clinging onto it then walking back to Hyewon. It looked like those western drama scenes where the girl is introducing her boyfriend to her friend that turns out to be his ex.

Hyewon didn't seem to care at all but Heejin took her dear time and kept blabbering about stuff that no one really listened to.

Just 4 more minutes until my shift ends.. Hyewon looked down at her watch the whole time, watching the second hand move ever so slowly.

At last!

The second hand reached 12! It was finally 6:00PM, meaning she could finally run away from this situation.

"-so like, my dog, he died when I was 2-" Hyewon cut off Heejin "Sorry, my shift just ended so I have to change my clothes.. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"We'll wait for you!" Heejin shook Changmin's arm.

"No!.. I mean no need too, I'm fine. Plus I exit from the back and I take a realllyyy long route."

"Changmin, can't you take Hyewon home..? You guys are neighbors right?" She asked Changmin and he didn't budge at all. "Ah okay! Stay safe. I'll see you guys tomorrow." She left right away, like by right away I mean right away. Even though Changmin didn't respond to her question she still left, leaving both of them alone.

Can this day get any worse? Hyewon thought and took a deep breath.

Hyewon was already taking off her apron when she went into the changing room and changed to her casual clothes. She went outside and held onto her school bag to see Changmin sipping on some banana milk. Just then her coworker walked in and had flour in his hands.

"Oh please no." She bit her lips, preparing for the rain of flour.

But she didn't feel anything. Just then, she opened her eyes to see Milk Boy covered in flour.

-Instead of thanking her savior, she laughed so hard she felt her stomach hurt. Confident she was losing weight from laughing so hard.

"Why do you even let this guy put flour all over you?" Changmin muttered and ruffled his hair, Hyewon wiped off some flour from the back of his jacket.

"It was a bet." The coworker tried to hold in his laugh and walked straight to the changing room.

"You make bets with men now? I see." He scowled and crossed his arms.

"We had a bread eating competition. I choked on bread and he won, okay?" She chuckled and left him to go to the front door. It's as if they forgot they ever fought.

The commute on the way to their neighborhood was really quiet. Even though they're from the same neighborhood, they don't even know how each of their houses look like.

Hyewon made her way to her house and Changmin silently followed behind, just in case.

Once they reached her house, Changmin looked at the small bungalow house compared to the other houses in the neighborhood. They lived in a wealthy neighborhood but there was always THAT part of the neighborhood where the outcasts lived (aka Hyewon's household and her other 4 neighbours).

It looked as if the 5 small houses were getting bullied by the bigger houses surrounding them.

"I shall go now." She walked to her door but before she can even reach the door, Changmin called her name and stared at space before raising his head up to meet the clueless Hyewon's eyes.

"I'm sorry." He breathed out. The sudden urge to throw himself off a cliff was immeasurably high so he left quickly after saying that, flustered from what he just said.

Hyewon was flabbergasted, and she wasn't given enough time to react. However she smiled without knowing and opened her house door, taking off her shoes. Her eyebrows furrowed after noticing there were 2 other unfamiliar shoes here.

"Maybe Sangyeon invited his friends..?" She whispered under her breath.

Once she entered the living room.. There they were.

Hyewon's father and Sangyeon's mother.

There's always that day where everything is going bad, and then something good happens, but 30 seconds after that good happens, something even worse happens.

🥛~~~~🥛

school starts in 6 days ahnooooooooo