CH 16: Smile

"So son, it's been long since we talked."

The boy stayed silent.

"Stay away from her."

Changmin shot his head up. "No."

"Haven't you realized? A low life girl like her wouldn't get our business anywhere." His dad responded harshly.

Changmin rolled his eyes. "The business doesn't exist anymore. Don't you know why your in jail?"

His dad breathed in sharply and looked elsewhere before clasping his hands tightly and staring into Changmin's eyes fiercely. "You just wait a few more days before I'm out."

Changmin's dad got bailed out by one of his accomplices weeks ago. Only Changmin knew but didn't wanna tell anyone.

"Don't do anything to her." He leaned forward and had a small staring contest. "I'm not part of this shitty business anyways. Don't put her in anything."

"Visiting time's over." A security guard told Changmin.

"I'd be glad to leave. I was dragged all the way here anyways." Changmin looked back at his father.

🥛 🥛 🥛

"You're fried rice." Hyewon sighed.

"It's not my fault my dad is making me do this!!" Ayno argued.

"Then you could've just said so. It's also not my fault you're getting suspended."

"Ohh c'mon he's your father..."

"For the twelfth time, yeah he's my father but we don't live with eachother and are not close with eachother. I can't do anything to change his mind. It's hard. Now go in and beg if you really don't wanna get your ass beaten by your father. I take no part." Hyewon waved Ayno off and put her earplugs back in.

Ayno was about leave before he turned back and smiled a bit. "You do know your father and my father are best friends.."

Hyewon widened her eyes in annoyance and just walked away.

"Chanhee!" She yelled when she saw a familiar figure walking passed the school. "School's just starting, where you going?"

Chanhee let out a shaky breath. "Hyewon.. I'm leaving school." He looked at the ground. The sudden news didn't comprehend in her mind just yet.

"Ever since me and my stepmom reunited and are in good terms, she's making me go to a private high-class school."

Hyewon was speechless, she was happy for Chanhee but also sad. He was going to leave so soon?

"She saved up money, not only for my grandma's expenses and my father's expenses but also for me. She worked hard to make me get into that school. I can't just let the chance go."

Hyewon looked at his clothing. He was wearing a different kind of uniform, labelled 'Jeoku School Of Arts'. Hyewon was so happy for him. Jeoku was a really good school, only 1 out of 200 kids could get in, unless you pay a really big sum of money.

It was only 7:34AM, school starts at 9:00AM. He was probably here to say his farewells.

"That's great, Chanhee. I'm so happy for you." Hyewon smiled widely.

"But, it's all the way up North from here, and my bus is leaving soon." He pointed at a bus station near the school. "Say goodbye to Changmin and Heejin for me, and sorry I didn't say anything sooner. I was surprised about it yesterday." He waved goodbye before disappearing into the crowd of bus people.

Hyewon nodded and smiled while waving back, her smile slowly faltering.

"There's always social media, right?" Hyewon asked herself and felt her heart drop. She knew she wouldn't see Chanhee for so long, and him saying goodbye last time is the worst. He'll meet new people but what if he forgets about them?

"Boo!"

Hyewon jumped and looked behind her to see Changmin.

"Your eyes are glossy, why is that?" He asked and cupped her face with his hands.

"Chanhee left." She muttered and Changmin gasped.

Changmin looked around. "Where did he go?"

Hyewon smiled. "It's okay now. He found his happiness." Changmin furrowed his eyebrows and looked around once again. "He's not near us?"

Hyewon smiled at that little joke. Changmin can really make her laugh without knowing.

🥛 🥛 🥛

Hyewon sat down on the table. "It's been so long." She smiled.

"It's only been weeks?"

Hyewon knitted her brows together and shook her head slightly. "You're so dumb."

Changmin shrugged and grabbed his bag, he pulled out one strawberry milk and two straws.

Hyewon laughed at his idea. "Why two straws and one strawberry milk?"

"Uhh, cause this is romantic?" He said seriously.

He stabbed the two straws in the milk in one go and handed it to Hyewon. Hyewon took the bottle awkwardly and drank from one of the straws, and after she drank some she handed it back to Changmin.

"This isn't as romantic as I thought." He frowned. Hyewon laughed. "It's so romantic how you try to be romantic."

Changmin still frowned. "I'm sorry, that's probably embarrassing. I should probably dig my grave here now."

Changmin opened his bag and grabbed a plastic spoon from his lunch box.

"Wait, you're for real-"

Changmin nodded and kneeled down but before he was going to dig the ground, Hyewon brought him back up and held onto his sleeve tightly. "You're still such a baby." She smiled.

"Your smile is so beautiful." He dazed into her eyes and realized what he just said. Hyewon smiled again and Changmin looked away this time. Hyewon's smile grew even wider and tried to get her face in front of Changmin's.

"Huh you like my smile?" She laughed louder. Almost sounding like a donkey dying because she's grasping for air.

Changmin gave up and grabbed Hyewon's shoulders and placed his lips on hers.

Hyewon's eyes widened and smiled through the kiss before kissing back.

🥛~~~~🥛

finally their first kiss!!
im starting to make chapters smaller because it take a lot of time to make chapters longer.

anywaysss, shout out to my book "n.flying imagines" :) chec that out if you want

tytytyty!!