Five

"So wait," Cecilia said. "Are you able to like turn into a cat or just have cat-like qualities?" She asked and popped a grape into her mouth from the bag she snuck out from the kitchen.

In the past few weeks, Cyrus and Cecilia had spent quite a bit of time together; whenever she wasn't in class or with her sister, she would go to the woods where he was usually waiting for her.

"I can't turn actually turn into a cat, no. Well, as far as I know anyway." Cyrus shrugged. He was sat on a tree branch as usual.

"Well you're basically one anyway." she teased and tossed a grape up into the air.

"How?" he questioned, catching the grape and popping it in his mouth.

"Your father is a cat." she pointed out. "You climb on stuff as if you were walking and you can sneak up on my without me hearing you. I'm going to have to get you a bell."

"I'm not wearing a bell." he chuckled shaking his head. "All of this is probably because of the fact my father is a cat."

"Yeah probably." She conceded and tossed another grape up. Cyrus caught the grape in his mouth.

"Maybe one day I'll just turn into a cat when I least expect it."

"I wouldn't put it past you." she shrugged and ate another grape.

"So," he began. "What do you even do in school? I've never asked. Do you do stuff linked to your parents or whatever?"

"Well..." she ate another grape. "We learn about stuff, and how to do it, like math and English. It's just learning. And not really, we don't exactly go places together a lot and have tea party." she explained.

"Oh. Well that's just boring." he leaned back against the tree bark and put his hands behind his head.

"It is, but it is necessary. I guess it'd be more fun if I had someone other than my sister to make it a bit more entertaining." she sighed and tossed him another grape. He caught the grape and dropped it into his mouth.

"You don't have any friends do you?" he asked gently.

"Just you and my sister." she said softly. "Then there are a few people who are nice to me, but most either ignore me or make fun of me."

"They shouldn't make fun of you." he frowned. "It's not right. Maybe if they actually bothered getting to know you they'd realise that you're not crazy and you're actually really nice."

"That's how people are." she shrugged.

"And they say Auradon Prep is meant to be full of over the top nice princes and princesses." he raised his eyebrows and sat back. "Still, I don't like the way they treat you though."

"They're nice on the outside and to adults, but to each other..." she stopped and took a grape. "They can be the Queen of Heart's clones."

"Woah," he said, sitting up again. "Then they must be bad. But to be fair, my dad provoked the Queen of Hearts a lot. He told me all his best mischief tricks."

"I hope I'm never st the other end of said tricks." she smiled.

"No. Only the people I don't like. Or feel like provoking. I couldn't do that to you, I just like scaring you because your reactions are cute." Cyrus shrugged. "I've never played a trick on anyone before. But I guess I don't have anyone to play tricks on." Ceci blushed.

"W-well, I have a-a good target..." she said nervously.

"Surely wouldn't be a better target than you." he teased. "But go on."

"T-the girl who bullied me the most..." she trailed off. He immediately frowned at the mention of bullying.

"She's the prince's girlfriend isn't she? Who's her parents?"

"No, it's a bad idea, that'll just provoke her more." she hung her head. "Forget I said anything."

"Hey," Cyrus suddenly disappeared and reappeared next to her a few moments later, sat next to her on the ground. He placed a hand on her shoulder. "It'll get better eventually. I promise." he said softly. She looked at his hand and then at him.

"Thank you..." she said softly. "I should probably get going..." she trailed off and picked up the bag of grapes while standing up.

"You're welcome." he smiled, but it soon faded. "Oh..." he stood up, focusing his eyes on the ground in order to disguise his disappointment. "Okay... you'll come see me soon though, right?" he looked down at her, his eyes meeting hers.

"Of course I will." she smiled. "You're my friend."

"And you're mine." he smiled back, slowly fading away and eventually disappearing. Ceci smiled wider and began walking towards the school. She soon started to zone out, thinking about different things... bunnies, Cyrus, what homework she had, what she wanted for dinner, Cyrus... She was so wrapped up in her head she didn't notice who she walked up next to.

"Back from chasing white rabbits again?" Chad scoffed, putting his foot out and promptly tripping Ceci over. "Looks like you ran too fast."

"I wasn't!" she exclaimed as she scrambled to face him. "Leave me alone!"

"That must be the same thing you say to your hallucinations." another boy sneered. Soon there was a crowd around Ceci. She silently stood up and tried to push through the crowds.

"HEY!" a feminine voice suddenly yelled. "Get outta here, all of you! What is wrong with you?" Raelynn appeared, pushing past the crowd. She wore a purple off the shoulder dress, her long brown hair was flowing over her shoulders, there was a little chameleon on her shoulder, she was barefoot and clutched... a frying pan? She stomped through to Chad and whacked him on the side of the head with the pan. "Leave the poor girl alone."