Thirty Seven

Cecilia had tossed and turned all night. Thinking about everything. Thinking about Cyrus. About her feelings. 'I love him. Does he love me back? Can he even forgive me for leaving him again? How much of a mistake did I make?'

She had briefly slept, but awoke a couple hours later thanks to Rae coming back to her room at around three in the morning, and was unable to sleep. Three hours later, she was ready. She had made her decision and decided to see if she could fix everything. She slowly and quietly got dressed and headed outside where the sun was just rising, but as it was Sunday, no one was up.

Ceci headed to the entrance of the woods and took a deep breath, slowly walking in. Once she was deep in the woods, she took a deep breath.

"Cyrus?" She called softly.

"Ce-Cecilia?" His voice answered in shock, but she couldn't see him. "No... it can't be... I'm hearing things..."

"No you're not... it's me... please let me see you..." She said desperately, looking around.

"I must be seeing things again..." His voice said before he appeared in front of her. He had dark circles under his eyes, he looked unhappy, distressed, tired. He stared at Ceci in disbelief. "Are you... are you really here?"

"Oh my, what happened to you?" Ceci asked, her jaw dropping in shock. She stepped closer to the boy, but he stepped back.

"I need to know that you're real. That you're not just another hallucination..." He looked into her eyes. Ceci took a deep breath.

"Would a hallucination do this?" She asked stepping towards him. She grabbed the back of his head, pulling him down. Without another thought, she pressed her lips against his. Cyrus' eyes widened and he remained in shock for a few moments but he responded and kissed her back, wrapping his arms around her. Ceci was in Wonderland. It was more than she thought it would be and any doubts she had of her feelings for Cyrus were gone as they kissed. Cyrus reluctantly pulled away from the kiss.

"You're real..." He stroked her cheek. "And you feel the same way I do..." Ceci smiled, tears streaking down her cheeks.

"How could I not?" She questioned.

"I missed you so much darling." Cyrus hugged her tightly and kissed her forehead.

"I did too." She said softly, burying her head in his chest. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't apologise." He stroked her hair. "You're here now." he kissed the top of her head.

"I just wanted to protect you." She muttered.

"I know..." He held her tightly. "It's okay darling."

"But look at you!" She said, moving back slightly, placing her hands on his face. "I just hurt you." She frowned.

"Darling it's okay..." he shook his head, leaning down and pecking her lips. "I mean it. You were trying to protect me, but I couldn't shake away the way I feel about you. I missed you. But you're here now, that's what matters."

"I couldn't get you out of my head." She shook her head. "The last two weeks have been horrible."

"Same here, darling, same here." He stroked her cheek and looked down into her eyes.

"Why were you still here?" She asked him.

"I couldn't leave..." He said. "I still had hope that you would come back..."

"You did?" Ceci questioned.

"Of course... I could never have just left and forgot about you. I couldn't ignore the way I feel about you, darling." He touched her cheek.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" She asked.

"Because I didn't have the confidence to." Cyrus explained. "I didn't think you felt the same way I did... I didn't want to ruin the friendship we had." She giggled.
"Silly cat." She said, pecking his lips "How could I not?"

"I don't know..." He shrugged. "Maybe you knew you deserve better than me."

"How can I deserve better when it doesn't get better?" She asked, in disbelief that he would say such a thing.

"It does darling... people don't even know I exist." He sighed. "You deserve to be with someone you can be with all the time, someone you can tell your friends about. Someone better than me..." He turned away.

"Don't you dare, Cyrus." She said putting her hand on his shoulder. "I don't care about that. I want you." Cyrus turned back around and look at her for a little while before pulling her towards him and kissing her. Ceci smiled and kissed him back, wrapping her arms around his neck and jumped up, wrapping her legs around his waist so he wouldn't have to lean down as much.

After a few moments they parted and Cyrus rested his forehead against hers, still holding her.

"What did I do to deserve you, darling?" He whispered.

"You are the sweetest and most forgiving soul in the planet." She said, smiling up at him.

"Thanks to you." He smiled.

"How?" She questioned.

"You bring out the best in me." He kissed her forehead, running a hand through her hair. Suddenly, the sound of a bell ringing broke through the sweet silence and ruined the pair's moment. Ceci groaned and let out a sigh.

"I have to go."

"Okay..." Cyrus sighed. "You'll come back soon though, right?"

"The second I can get away." She promised, pecking his lips and letting go of him. Cyrus nodded.

"I-I lo-" he stopped and cleared his throat. "I'll see you soon, darling." He called as Ceci ran off, her smile not disappearing.

Cyrus gazed into the distance, a smile on his face. The girl he loved felt the same way. He entered a world of his own. He didn't even hear the yells or notice the people until it was too late. His arms were already restrained by the time he realised was so caught up in his thoughts and happiness that he'd forgotten to do the one most important thing. Go invisible.

 Go invisible