Twenty Five

Everyone turned their heads as Ben walked down the aisle past everyone who was on the floor. Everyone curtseyed and bowed as Ben walked past, apart from Maddie who stuck her foot out, making Ben stumble. He shook his head at her as she chuckled and shrugged.

Ben reached the front as Fairy Godmother hugged Belle and bowed to Beast. Fairy Godmother removed the crown from his head and placed into onto Ben's. Evie, Jay and Carlos kept looking at each other, which Ceci and Ally both noticed but didn't comment on.

Beast lifted the class casing up that sheltered Fairy Godmother's wand, which only seemed to put Evie, Jay and Carlos even more on edge as they exchanged a look with Mal, even though she was on the floor. Fairy Godmother took the wand and held it in front of Ben.

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy Godmother said.

"I do solemnly swear." Ben replied. Fairy Godmother tapped each of his shoulders with the wand.

"Then it is my honour and my joy to bless our new king-" suddenly the wand was grabbed from Fairy Godmother's hand and the whole crowd gasped and held each other as lightning shot up into the air, breaking a window. It was Jane.

"What?!" Ally exclaimed.

"Child what are you doing?!" Fairy Godmother exclaimed. Jane struggled to control the wand.

"If you wont make me beautiful I'll do it myself!" Jane said as Ben rushed towards Mal. Evie, Jay and Carlos all looked at each other in shock.

"Oh my!" Ceci gasped. "What?"

"Bibbidi! Bobbidi! Boo!" Jane exclaimed as Mal wrestled the wand from her. All of a sudden, Jay, Evie and Carlos pushed past Ally and Ceci and ran down from the balcony.

"Oh my Wonderland! This is crazier than a mad hatter tea party!" Ally exclaimed, steadying herself.

"Where are they going? What's going on?" Ceci's brain couldn't comprehend it.

"I don't know!" Ally leaned over the edge of the balcony in efforts to see. Ben rushed in front of Mal, who was holding the wand tightly.

"Mal... give me the wand." Ben said gently.

"Stand back..." Mal said firmly. "Ben I said stand back!"

"I told you so!" Audrey yelled, stepping forward. Mal pointed the wand at her so Chad pulled her back. That crowd let out screams as the doors burst open and Evie, Jay and Carlos ran down to the front.

"Let's go." Carlos said quickly.

"Revenge time." Jay said. There was an even louder gasp from the crowd: Maddie.

"Oh no!" Ally covered her mouth with her hand.

"Oh my gosh!" Ceci said. "Maddie." From their position they could see Elyse grabbing Maddie's wrist and mouthing something probably not pleasant in Jay's direction, but then Maddie pulled her wrist away and ran out, slamming the doors behind her.

"Should we go down there?" Ally turned to her sister, but her head quickly snapped back to the scene below them.

"You really want to do this?" Ben asked Mal.

"We have no choice Ben! Our parents..." Mal said as Evie, Carlos and Jay stood behind her.

"Your parents made their choice. Now you make yours." Ben said. The sisters held their breath in anticipation. After a long pause, Mal spoke.

"I think I wanna be good..." she said in almost a whisper.

"You are good." Ben said.

"How do you know that?!" Mal exclaimed.