Twenty Six

*Contains spoilers for 'Change Your Fate'*

The next six months passed by relatively drama-free. After a lot of ass-kissing and some pranks, Maddie forgave Jay and they soon revealed that they were in a relationship. Elyse got over her crush and, but making sure Jay knew he would be murdered if he hurt Maddie. Elyse even began becoming friends with Jay... somewhat. Autumn and Ally stayed the same, maturing a bit.... but not much. Autumn was still very loud and excitable, and Ally remained curious and innocent, though her feelings for a certain VK who had a pet dog called Dude grew stronger but more unnoticed. Raelynn managed to switch into Cecilia's room, and Ally agreed to room with Jane. Rae and Ceci grew closer, so much that both considered each other their best friend. Ally joined them sometimes but she became closer with Autumn as well.

Ceci and Cyrus on the other hand had gotten a lot closer, and were now more comfortable with hugging and occasionally playful slaps or pokes. Cyrus' identity was still unknown to the rest of the world, and he was Ceci's secret.

However, nothing could stay normal forever. Eventually, the pressure of being Ben's girlfriend got to Mal, and she ended up running off back to the Isle. Therefore, Ben, Evie, Carlos and Jay went back to retrieve her, which Maddie wasn't happy about since Jay kept it a secret from her. However, when Carlos and Jay returned on their own to create a fake wand, Maddie caught them and they revealed that Ben had been kidnapped by Uma, daughter of Ursula and her pirate cronies: Harry, son of Captain Hook; Gil, son of Gason; and Hadley, daughter of Hades to name a few. In order to retrieve King Ben, Uma wanted the wand, so Carlos and Jay decided to make a fake. After a lot of begging and threatening to spear them with arrows, they agreed to let Maddie go with them. But not until after she told Elyse, Autumn, Raelynn, Cecilia and Ally about the situation.

All went well enough for the VKs and Maddie to get Ben back in time for Cotillion.

"So let me get this straight..." Cyrus began. He and Cecilia were sat on the floor instead of in their tree, quite close to each other, closed than they realised. "Carlos and Jay created a fake wand because they have to give it to the daughter of Ursula, but they can't give the real one because it'll cause havoc. And if they don't, Ben is going to be crocodile food?" He summed up what Ceci had just told him. "And it's happening today."

"Basically." Cecilia shrugged. "That's all I was told. And I was told not to tell anyone. I don't know all the details but Mal disappeared yesterday and apparently the rest left, but Jay didn't tell Maddie and she's very mad. Hence why I know."

"Oh so she told you before she went." Cyrus assumed. "Jay really hasn't been a good boyfriend has he?" he chuckled.

"Oh he was decent the last few months but he relapsed again." Ceci chuckled. "I would be so disappointed and upset if it was my boyfriend."

"Well good luck for him getting Maddie's forgiveness again," Cyrus chuckled and then paused for a moment, but shook his head. "I wouldn't dare do anything like that if I had a girlfriend. I wouldn't want to keep things from her... I'd tell her everything..." He trailed off. Ceci looked at him.

"Yeah... keeping things away from people is not the best... especially one you've grown to love and care for..." She said softly.

"Yeah..." he gazed into her blue eyes. However, the pair were interrupted by shouts. It was Ally.

"Ceci! Cecilia! Where are you?" She called, footsteps getting closer. Ceci sighed.

"Right here Ally," she called as she lay down on her back. Cyrus had gone invisible just as Ally ran through the trees, standing in front of her twin sister. She looked distressed and worried.