Sixteen

A few days later, Cecilia and Cyrus were together once again. They made sure that they saw each other every day, and they had and still were. Ceci had managed to sneak away and Cyrus had managed to stay hidden from the rest of the world. Both of them were sat on their tree again, just talking.

"So you do a lot of different stuff in school, right? What's your favourite?" Cyrus asked her.

"As in a subject?" she asked back.

"Oh that's what you call them. Yeah that." he nodded.

"Well..." she drawled out. "I like Art and English mostly. The others are based on logic so they aren't my favourite."

"You like to draw?" he tilted his head.

"I prefer reading, but yes."

"Books with or without pictures?" he asked.

"Without." she decided. "It allows me to imagine the story more "

"I do miss reading sometimes. Getting lost in another world..." he looked up at the leaves above them. "But I get lost here instead. Sometimes I'll wander through the forests and hope I'll end up somewhere new. My father always said if you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there. But I always know my way back. To our tree." he sighed and tapped the branch. "Sorry, I went off track there." Cecilia stared at him with wonder.

"Woah..." she shook herself. "It's fine."

"I don't go off like that... ever." Cyrus scratched the back of his neck. "That was a lot..."

"We all tend to ramble, especially about the things we care about." she said.

"Yeah, you're right." he nodded. There was a scream from the edge of the forest and Ceci sighed. "The game is starting." she said.

"The game?" Cyrus questioned.

"The tourney tournament." she clarified. "My friend is playing."

"Tourney? What's that?" he asked. "And which friend?"

"Tourney is a sport... I don't know how to explain it. Maddie plays it," She said. She suddenly brightened. "I just got a wild idea."

"I don't know whether that's good or bad." he said.

"What if you came along with me?" she suggested, nudging him.

"Cecilia I can't..." he shook his head. "There will be so many people... someone will see me... it won't end well."

"You can turn invisible. And even if you do, there would be so many people they wouldn't notice you and probably think you went to the other school!" she said. "C'mon... for me?" she begged with puppy dog eyes.

"But you'll be with your other friends... what if someone bumps into me? It's not like they'll be able to see me in advance."

"I can easily get a sit on the edge and you can just stand... well not on the bleachers but next to me. And no one really leaves until the game's over. And even if you say something then I'll get mixed with the cheers of others. I just want you to come with me." Cyrus paused for a moment and sighed.

"Fine... I'll come."

"Yay!!" she cheered, wrapping her arms around him but pulled away quickly. "Let's go!" He froze for a moment but shook his head and jumped down from the branch, landing on his feet. "If you feel uncomfortable at any moment just leave. But I'll be right beside you." She reassured him.

"Okay." he nodded and took a deep breath. "Let's go."

**

By the time Cecilia and Cyrus reached the tourney field, the first half of the game was almost over, Cyrus was invisible and Ceci was leading the way. She noticed that Elyse, Autumn, Ally and Raelynn were all sat in a group, but the crowds were too busy, there was no way she would be able to get to them. Mal and Evie were stood not far from the front. Therefore, Ceci just stood at the sides with Cyrus invisibly by her.