Twenty One

It was a few days later and Cecilia and Cyrus were together again in the forest, sat in their tree. They had been seeing each other more and more lately.

"So you said something was happening today?" Cyrus said.

"Yep." Ceci nodded, popping the 'p'. "Family day."

"What is it? Do your parents come to see you?" he questioned.

"Yeah" Ceci swung her legs. "It's one of the few times we see them."

"It's cool that you get the chance to see them." he nodded.

"Yeah... if they even come. They have a little... issue with timings." Ceci shrugged.

"That's probably Wonderland's fault then." Cyrus said.

"My parents meeting was Wonderland's fault." Ceci snorted, making him tilt his head.

"How?" he asked curiously.

"My mom. After wonderland she went a bit..." Ceci stopped, trying to find the right word. "Crazy..." she finished, wincing as she said that. "She began having hallucinations of what she had seen. So she had to go to the doctors. It was in the psychiatrist's that she met my dad."

"Well then crazy is good isn't it? It allowed your mom to meet her true love." Cyrus shrugged. "Crazy isn't bad. Only some people don't like it because it's different to the expectations."

"I know it isn't. A life without crazy is boring. But people have began using it as an insult." Ceci sighed. Cyrus sighed as well and reluctantly placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I know. They shouldn't. It's not right."

"It isn't." she agreed. "But society is like that."

"It shouldn't be." he sighed. "But it won't change."

"I know."

"Cecilia-" Cyrus was cut off by two female voices calling through the forest.

"C? C! Where are you?" Raelynn's voice came through the trees.

"We have to get ready! We need to help decorate too!" Ally's voice followed on. Ceci groaned.

"Coming!' she called back. "See ya later?" Cyrus nodded and then quickly disappeared. Ceci sighed and began climbing down, quite quickly and headed towards her sister and friend's voices.

"Ceci! Where have you been?" Ally gasped upon seeing her twin sister. "We're going to be late! And today is an important date."

"Ben wants us to help with decorations... we were waiting for you." Rae said.

"I've been... contemplating, and I lost track of time." Ceci said. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. It's a habit we both have." Ally smiled.

"Guuuuyyysss... we need to get ready... Ben's expecting us in like half an hour." Rae interrupted.

"Fineeeee." Ceci said.

Ally, Cecilia and Raelynn ran all the way back to their Ally & Ceci's dorm so Ceci could get ready.

"I hope you know what you're wearing because we don't have time for you to be as indecisive as your sister was." Rae crossed her arms and Ally laughed sheepishly. Ceci chuckled.

"I've had it picked for a while." she said, pulling a dress out of the closet and headed to the bathroom. She came out in record time wearing a scoop neckline short sleeved dress with a blue floral pattern. It was tight round right below her chest to her waist were it went down in large ruffles right above her knees.

"Wow." Rae said. "It's pretty."

"It's wonderful!" Ally threw her arms out.

"Really?" Ceci smiled shyly, twirling around.

"Really." Rae nodded.

"Okay, I'll get mine then." Ally said.

"Go ahead." Ceci sat down. Ally went over to her closet and pulled out a light blue collared a-line skater dress with long lace sleeves.

"It's simple but adorable." Rae shrugged. "Suits you."

"Oh... thanks." Ally nodded shyly.

"It looks great. Everyone is going to be looking at you!" Ceci smiled.

"No they're not..." Ally shook her head. "The people I want to be noticed by never notice..." she mumbled.

"What?" Ceci questioned, leaning forward. "I think I heard wrong."

"Nothing. It doesn't matter." Ally smiled.

"It clearly does." Ceci frowned. "That smile is faker than a red rose that's been painted."

"Really. It's okay." Ally shook her head. Ceci shot her sister a look which could be read as 'we will talk about this later' and turned to Rae.

"Aren't you going to get dressed?" she asked.

"Oh yeah. I brought my dress over here." Rae nodded and picked up a dress from Ceci's bed.

"Then go get changed!"

"Okay okay." Rae went into the bathroom and came out a few minutes later wearing a short jewel necklined lavender dress with same coloured lace embroidery.

wIt's so pretty!" Ally smiled (properly this time).

"Thanks." Rae said, tucking a piece of her brown hair behind her ear.

"You look great too!" Ceci said. "But... your shoes?"

"Don't need them." Rae shrugged.

"But... what if you stand on stones? Or worse." Ally questioned.

"I'll be fiiiine."

"You sure?" Ceci asked.

"Of course." Rae nodded.

" Rae nodded