Eleven

The five girls reached Ceci's room and Rae stood in front of the door and smiled.

"Can we just go in?" Maddie sighed, crossing her arms impatiently.

"Why are you all acting so weird... wait why is my room unlocked? Augh, Ally..." Ceci said, opening the door. Ally wasn't in the room. It was tidy, and there was something wooden and rectangular stood at the bottom of Cecilia's bed, covered in a blue blanket so it couldn't be seen. There was also a painting of a white rabbit in a field of red roses on a small canvas on her bed.

"Woah..." Ceci gasped after a moment of silence. "What's all this?"

"Go look." Rae smiled softly.

"Wait what? I'm so confused."

"I wanted to do something nice for you to prove that I want to be your friend... I feel like you haven't experienced much niceness... but you deserve it. You really do." Rae explained.

"Awwwwwww." Autumn smiled. "She's totally right!"

"Okay can I leave now?" Maddie crossed her arms and Autumn nudged her. "I don't like cute moments okay? And I left my arrows out on the tourney field."

"I can go get them with you." Elyse suggested, as Ceci was just staring open mouthed at Rae.

"No, you're both staying here." Autumn said quietly. Maddie grumbled.

"Surprise?" Rae shrugged awkwardly.

"If she squeals I'm out of here." Maddie muttered. Ceci squealed loudly and hugged Rae. Tears began to pour down her cheeks.

"Thank you." she cried.

"Nope." Maddie shook her head and started to walk but Autumn grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "It's a free world I'm allowed to leave."

"No this is cute." Autumn said. Rae was taken aback slightly at first but hugged Ceci back.

"Don't thank me. Seriously." Rae said softly.

"No one has done anything like this for me..." Ceci cried.

"I know, that's why I wanted to show you kindness." Rae pulled back. "Take it as an apology for all the times I've watched... them be mean to you. And a start to our friendship?"

"Of course."

"And these three," Rae turned to Autumn, Elyse and Maddie. "Knew I was doing this. Soooo I asked them to make sure you wouldn't try to find me or come to your room." Rae explained.

"I'm so glad it all worked out!" Autumn exclaimed.

"Yeah yeah you're welcome can I go now?" Maddie sighed.

"Wait..." Ceci took a step back to look at the three girls. "So that's the reason you hung out with me today? Not because you wanted to be my friend?" She looked hurt

"That's not what I meant. Crap I made that sound really bad." Rae put a hand to her forehead.

"No no no!" Autumn shook her head. "Of course we want to be friends with you! I've actually wanted to talk to you for aaaaages but I never approached you. I'm sorry."

"Alright that's enough." Maddie covered Autumn's mouth with her hand. "Look, Ceci. I know I haven't talked to you much but Autumn is right. And do you really think I would just babysit you or take orders from Rae? No I wouldn't. And I stood up for you. I genuinely wanted to punch Audrey for what she said to you, and I don't do that for just anyone." Halfway through Maddie's speech Ceci teared up again and after the redhead said those last few words, she hugged her tightly.