Forty Two: The End

Cyrus had managed to get through the first three classes of the day that lead up to lunchtime, thanks to Cecilia being by his side as she had promised. They had both eaten their lunch and now the two of them were walking around the school, Ceci informing him of who was who and introducing him to them if he felt confident enough. It was tough for Cyrus, but he was coping.

"So Jane is the daughter of Fairy Godmother, isn't she?" Cyrus asked, looking over at the brunette who was currently with Carlos.

"Yep." Ceci nodded. "And that's Lonnie." She explained, pointing at another girl with black hair. "And Jordan is over there, Aziz is with her...." Ceci pointed at each person. "Oh look there's Ally." She noticed her twin sister.

"She doesn't look very happy." Cyrus said, looking at Ally who was sat alone, chin propped up on her fist.

"Carlos is with Jane." Ceci said softly.

"Why would that mat- oh..." Cyrus trailed off upon realisation.

"Yeah...." Ceci responded.

"I feel bad for her..." Cyrus frowned slightly. "How long has she...?"

"I think ever since he got here... for sure the week of Coronation." Ceci explained.

"That's a long time..." Cyrus said. "It must be hard."

"She acts like she's okay, but I know it's breaking her inside." Ceci said sadly, a frown tugging at her lips.

"Have you tried talking to her about it? You are twin sisters after all. Maybe she just needs to hear that you're there for her." Cyrus suggested.

"I tried, but she changes the subject." Ceci sighed.

"Do you want to go over and see her?" He asked.

"I probably should, yeah." Ceci nodded and began walking over in that direction, but stopped suddenly when someone from across the field began shouting. "Is that Maddie?" The blonde questioned.

"Uh... I think so." Cyrus followed where the shouts were coming from and, sure enough, Maddie was stood near a target, her bow over her shoulder, shouting at none other than Chad, who had Audrey close by him.

"Well it's not my fault your clumsy ass knocked my target over while I was shooting arrows!" Maddie shouted. "It would've been fucking better if it speared you, it might've actually shot some sense into your brain! Oh wait, it doesn't exist!"

"And I don't see her boyfriend anywhere to calm her down..." Cyrus muttered.

"Yeah... this won't end well. Chad and Audrey." Ceci mumbled.

"You should've been more careful before aiming! It was as if you wanted to hit me!" Cha shouted back at the redhead.

"Oh of course not. How could I ever hit you?" Maddie laughed sarcastically. "Oh wait. I wouldn't have minded hitting you. In fact, I'm still prepared to do it if you don't fuck off!"

"Madison, calm down. You should've checked and Chad should've seen." Audrey said, in a bored tone.

"One. Don't call me Madison. Two. Who asked you, princess? It wasn't my fault that dickhead wasn't looking where he was going! Don't blame it all on me because you use him to make it look like boys actually want to be with you. Chad's the only one dumb enough." Maddie scoffed. "Three. Calm down? Seriously? You're going the right way for a punch in the nose to ruin your pretty little face."

"Maddie, they're not worth it." Ceci interrupted, stepping towards the trio while Cyrus just stood awkwardly beside her.

"Where did you come from?" Maddie jumped slightly then her expression hardened again. "I'm not just gonna let him think he rules the world and get in my way then blame me for his mistakes!"