Twelve

The next week went by in a whirlwind. Raelynn and Cecilia hung out every spare minute they had, getting to know one another and soon becoming close friends. They were sometimes joined by Maddie, Elyse and Autumn although more often than not it was only the daughter of Rapunzel and the daughter of Alice, both of whom had been left alone by audrey for once in their lives. It was one of the days where Rae and Ceci had been joined by their other friends, however it was only Elyse and Autumn with them as Maddie hadn't been seen all day. They were out on the tourney field in hopes that Maddie would come by so they could find out where she'd disappeared to.

"You don't think she got kicked out again, do you?" Autumn asked as the four girls were sat on the bleachers.

"Well if she's been around Audrey or Chad I wouldn't be surprised." Rae shrugged.

"I wouldn't be either, but Ben pulled her aside after class, so I doubt it." Elyse interjected. "I think if she was in trouble, it would've been Fairy Godmother."

"She's got a point." Ceci said.

"Yeah that's true." Autumn nodded.

"Since when does Ben pull her aside? She doesn't seem like the type of person who would have any sort of acquaintanceship with anyone like him." Rae raised her eyebrow. "But again I don't know much. I lived by Audrey's way of life."

"They're close friends, they have been for years since they were young, maybe even as far as before we started school at all." Elyse explained. Ceci frowned.

"Didn't they date at one point?" she asked. "I heard rumours." Elyse scoffed at that.

"They wouldn't. It just wouldn't happen."

"Now that I think about it actually, I'm pretty sure they did. Audrey was sooooo pissed. She's always had her eye on Ben, but they weren't a thing back then." Rae said. "Maybe that's why she's particularly hostile towards Maddie. She's jealous about how close they are. But yeah I'm pretty sure they dated for a month or two."

"Uhmmmm I think we should change the conversation topic..." Autumn glanced at Elyse.

"Yeah before she hears us." Elyse pointed straight ahead to the small redhead figure heading towards them.

"Ben. Has. Lost. His. Fucking. Mind." Maddie said as she reached the girls.

"Dating Audrey? Yeah we know." Rae nodded.

"No not that." Maddie shook her head. "Well... yeah that but..."

"What??" Autumn pressed.

"What's he done that's so bad?" Ceci asked curiously.

"You know the Isle of the Lost, where the Villains are banished to?" Maddie said.

"Yeah..." Rae nodded.

"I already don't like the sound of this..." Autumn mumbled.

"How can we not?" Elyse said.

"The Isle of the Lost..." Ceci murmured and paled.

"Yeah. Well, he thinks it's smart to," Maddie cleared her throat. "As his first official proclamation as King," she imitated Ben's voice. "That he will give the chance for four of the sons and daughters of our worst enemies, to come here," she returned to her normal voice. "To. Auradon. Prep!"

"What?!" Rae exclaimed.

"No..." Autumn paled.

"What the hell?" Elyse demanded. "What even is going on in his head, is he insane?" Ceci, on the other hand, was in a world of her own.

"The Isle... how did I forget about him... Cyrus!" she exclaimed, jumping to her feet. "I have to go!" she said, running off.

"What's up with her and who in the world is Cyrus?" Elyse asked as the girls watched Ceci disappear into the trees.