Thirty

The next two weeks passed by agonisingly slow for Cyrus. He had been visited by Cecilia a few times, but with the arrival of Greyson Gothel came drama too, which kept Ceci occupied and unable to see Cyrus as much as they'd both like to. And then came the week of vacation, meaning everyone had gone home. Cyrus tried to sneak off to Ceci's house but he had decided against it, if his father found out, then he'd never see Ceci again. The two weeks were long enough. He spent the time mostly sat in their tree, missing her. Her company in general. Her laughter. Her hugs. Her hair. Her eyes. Her smile. Maybe he missed her more than he ever thought he would.

But finally, the day came when he saw her emerge from behind the trees and a huge smile spread across his face at the sight of her. He was stood on the floor, just watching her approach him.

"Cyrus!" Ceci exclaimed, running towards him, attacking him with a hug. Cyrus was taken aback at first but quickly held her so she didn't fall and hugged back.

"Hey darling." He chuckled.

"I missed you." She said, her arms wrapped around him.

"I missed you too." He smiled, still holding her.

"How are you?" She asked, reluctantly pulling away.

"Better now that I'm with you." He smiled down at her as Ceci hugged him again. He hugged back and stroked her blonde hair. He just enjoyed having her in his arms... but why? "What'd you do all week?" She asked, letting go of him. She turned around and began climbing the tree that was behind the pair.

"Nothing much." Cyrus appeared, already in the tree above her and shrugged.

"I still don't understand how you do that." Ceci shook her head, extending her hand out for help.

"I've had years and years of practice, darling." Cyrus grabbed her hand and helped to pull her up.

"Thanks." She smiled, reluctantly letting go of his hand once she was perched on the branch next to him.

"You're welcome." He nodded. "How was your vacation?"

"It was pleasant." She responded. "I was hoping you'd pop up at some point. I visited Rae at the hospital, then went camping..."

"Believe me I wanted to... but I didn't want my father to find me..." Cyrus trailed off. "Rae was in the hospital? Is she okay?"

"Yeah, she went home the next day. She is very okay." Ceci giggled.

"What do you mean by that?" Cyrus asked, her giggle making him smile a bit. It was adorable.

"I went to see her in the hospital." Ceci smiled widely. "And she was kissing Greyson of all people. I so called it."

"Wait... really?" Cyrus raised his eyebrows. "Well isn't that quite perfect. The daughter of Rapunzel falling for the son of Mother Gothel."

"I know right?" Ceci giggled again. "I kept telling her that she was falling for him but she didn't listen. Even her parents seem to tolerate him."

"Huh... well I'm happy for them." Cyrus said.

"You haven't met them." Ceci pointed out.

"I know I haven't, but that doesn't matter." He shrugged. "I've heard a lot from you. And any relationship is worth celebrating."

"Aww." Ceci nudged him. Suddenly her phone vibrated. "Oo notifications." Ceci said as she opened it. She paled instantly. Cyrus noticed this and concern grew on his face.

"What is it?" He questioned. Ceci turned her phone and showed him the screen. There was a picture of a guy with black hair and a girl with purple hair hugging. The caption read: 'Ex-couple looking cozy. Naughty Mal, Ben deserves better than a cheating VK'.

"I gotta find Rae." Ceci murmured.

"Is that..." Cyrus looked at the photo.

"Mal and Grey." Ceci answered with a nod.

"Oh no..." Cyrus said. "You need to go." Ceci nodded and jumped off the tree, nearly twisting her ankle in the process. "Be careful, darling." Cyrus frowned. Without another word, Ceci ran off.

**

Ceci ran through the hallways of the dorm building, looking for her best friend. No sign of her.

She then noticed her friends all gathered up and sighed in relief. Maybe they knew...

"GUYS!" Ceci called as she ran towards the group. "Have any of you seen Rae??" She stopped in her tracks when she noticed a familiar black haired man... the cause of this; Grey

"You little jerk!" She exclaimed glaring at him.

"We all thought Rae would be with you, Ceci." Maddie said and Ceci shook her head. "And I'm confused. So this hug was friendly?"

"YES IT WAS!" Mal exclaimed. "Clearly this is the same thing that happened with Rae and Carlos! Did none of you guys realise that?!" Ben did relax a bit at that, but he still seemed tense and Ceci's anger went away slightly as she realised what had happened.

"The caption kinda discredits that though." Carlos pointed out.

"Not helping and not for everyone." Evie said.

"Cecilia, you can insult me later. Give me your phone, what is this caption? And where the fuck is Rae?" Grey asked Ceci who complied slowly.

"Weren't you literally just with her though?" Jay asked Grey.

"Yeah I left her in the field, but if Ceci can't find her it means she isn't there." he said, looking at the picture and its caption: 'Ex-couple getting back cozy. Naughty Mal, Ben deserves better than a cheating VK.' "Fuck." the son of Gothel cussed. "What do I do? I still have a date to plan." At that last bit, the rest of Ceci's anger evaporated.

"Well I think we need to find your date first. If you've still got one that is." Maddie commented.

"Maddie, not the time." Jay muttered.

"Ceci, please try to find Rae and tell her to call me, because I don't have anyone's number." he asked the blonde girl who nodded and then ran off.

" he asked the blonde girl who nodded and then ran off