Eight

Outside on the track, two girls were sat on the bleachers, one redhead and one with platinum blonde hair. The redhead was Autumn, the daughter of Anna and Kristoff, and the blonde was Elyse, the daughter of Elsa. They were both watching Maddie, the daughter of Merida as she practised her archery.

"It's crazy how amazing at archery you are!" Autumn exclaimed. "I mean, I could never even attempt to shoot a bow and arrow."

"What can I say?" Maddie turned to look at the cousins. "Learned from the best." Without looking, She shot the arrow and it managed to hit the target directly at the bullseye.

"Woah." Autumn gaped.

"Let's see how you do with a moving target." Elyse challenged, creating an ice star the size of her hand and tossing it high in the air. Maddie followed the ice star with her eyes and her bow and shot an arrow at it. It flew straight through the centre of the ice.

"Easy." Maddie smiled proudly, blowing a strand of her curly red hair out of her eyes.

"Woah. That's cool." Autumn said and then started to laugh. "Pun not intended." she sniggered. Maddie just rolled her eyes.

"Sure." Elyse said, pulling out a chocolate bar from her bag and breaking it into three. She plopped one of the pieces on her dress and held the other two out to the other two girls. "Want some?"

"Mmmm, chocolate!" Autumn clapped. "Yes please." she eagerly took some of it and popped it into her mouth.

"Is that even a question?" Maddie threw her bow over her shoulder and took the chocolate.

"Well there are times we want it more, and other times we want it less." Elyse said. Maddie just shrugged and finished the chocolate, then going back to shooting arrows at the target.

"Are you kidding? I always want chocolate." Autumn said. Suddenly, a brunette appeared, running over to the three girls.

"What does little miss perfect sunshine want with us?" Maddie scoffed, crossing her arms. Raelynn stopped in front of them, panting a little bit.

"Uh... hi." she said awkwardly.

"Uhm... this is awkward." Autumn mumbled, but a bit too loud. "Whoops, I said that out loud didn't I? I'm sorry. You're not awkward, I'm awkward and I'm just making things even more awk-" she was cut off by Elyse covering her mouth with her hand.

"Don't make me ice your mouth shut." Elyse threatened.

"Sorry." Autumn said, her voice muffled by Elyse's hand.

"What do you want princess?" Maddie said impatiently, tapping her foot. "Shouldn't you be wiping Audrey's ass for her?" Raelynn sighed.

"I'm not her friend anymore..." she said quietly.

"Wait, what?!" Autumn pulled Elyse's hand away from her mouth. "But you guys were best friends! You did everything together, a lot of girls admired you! You were the queens of Auradon Prep!" she rambled.

"Well I certainly didn't admire either of them." Maddie scoffed.

"This is crazy!" Autumn continued to ramble on.

"Please shut her up." Maddie groaned. With a snap of her fingers, a layer of ice formed across Autumn's lips in order to shut her up, courtesy of her cousin.

"Continue," Elyse said, crossing her arms. A murmur of frustration came from Autumn.

"Basically I got sick of sitting back and watching Audrey bully innocent people, aka Cecilia and Ally. Because they're not crazy, they're actually really nice." Rae continued.

"Well I coulda told you that." Maddie commented.

"I know." Rae sighed. "And that's why I wanted to get to know them, well, more Cecilia at the moment. And... to prove to her I want to be a friend, I want to get her a gift... a pet bunny... to show her I care." Rae said, muttering slightly. Autumn tried to squeal, or say 'awww', it wasn't understandable.

"Who knew the popular princess could care." Maddie scoffed. "Well I mean at least you're trying I suppose."

"So what do you want with us?" Elyse asked.

"Uh, well, I was wondering if you can keep her busy tomorrow so she doesn't try to find me?" Rae asked. "Please. I know I haven't been the best to you in the past, but I want to change. And this will help. It'll help me be who I really am." she pleaded. Maddie shrugged and turned around, just going back to her archery and shooting an arrow at the target.

"I'll be honest, I don't really care what you're like or who you hang around with." she shot another arrow. "But if you wanna change then take the chance."

"Why us?" Elyse asked. "Why not Jane or something."

"I don't know. You guys were to first that came to mind..." Rae said quietly.

"Why? Because your bestie's targeted us before?" Maddie scoffed, shooting another arrow.

"No..." Rae sighed. "I know Jane is kinda friends with Audrey so I just thought it would be awkward... and I want to say sorry to you guys too." Autumn tried to respond but she still couldn't speak. Elyse sighed and snapped her fingers again, removing the ice from Autumn's lips. A bunch of words came out of Autumn's mouth so quickly that she was just talking gibberish.

"OhmygodabunnythatssocuteyoureactuallybeingsoniceIlovebunniesandofcoursewe'llhelpyourapologyisdefinitelyacceptedallpeopledeserveachancetoshowthey'redifferent!" She took a deep breath when she had finished. "Thanks Elyse." she finally spoke slowly.

"I regret this." Elyse mumbled.

"Wait what?" Autumn looked at her cousin. "No, please don't freeze my mouth again! I'm sorry!"

"Fine." Elyse grumbled.

"Thanks, you're the best!" Autumn hugged her.

"Uhm... but please, can you guys help to keep Ceci occupied?" Rae asked again. Maddie looked at Elyse and Autumn and then back at Raelynn.

"Fine, but only to get you to shut up." Maddie sighed.

"Of course! I'm happy to help!" Autumn smiled. Elyse shrugged.

"Oh come oooonnnn El!" Autumn shook Elyse's arm. "We've already agreed!"

"I didn't... fine, I'll help." she relented.

"Yay!" Autumn exclaimed, hugging her.

"Thanks guys, I really appreciate it." Rae smiled slightly. "You guys can call me Rae by the way." Maddie nodded.

"So when d'ya need us to keep her occupied?" she asked after shooting another arrow.

"Tomorrow at lunch." Rae said.

"Fine." Elyse said, still having Autumn's arms around her.

"Thank you guys, so much." Rae said.

" Rae said