Chapter 7: Identity

Naruto looked at Itachi, his eyes widened under his mask as Itachi called him by his name before he chuckled. 

"I don't know who you think you're talking to, but it is not this Naruto figure you speak of." Itachi's eyes didn't show anything as he stared impassively at Naruto. 

"You mustn't lie Naruto, I can feel your chakra, and the Kyuubi's chakra. You seemed to have forgotten how I found you in the first place all those years ago." Naruto's eyes narrowed now, letting his facade drop quickly as it came. 

"What do want of me Itachi? I have things to do and places to be." Itachi raised a single eyebrow. 

"And what is that? By the way you're going, it seems like you are going back to Konoha." Naruto's eyes narrowed. 

"And if I am?" Itachi took out a small sword. 

"Then I am to stop you at all cost. I cannot allow you to damage the Leaf anymore than you already have." Naruto took out his scythe. 

"And why would you care? You killed your own clan. For what? A test? To drive the village to despair at the loss of one of it's precious bloodlines? You're nothing but a traitor, like me, but I left for a good reason." 

"And who says I'm a traitor? It seems you've never heard of a deep undercover mission Naruto." The member of Akatsuki said, making Naruto narrow his eyebrows. 

"So, you're still loyal to the Leaf huh? Then I guess you plan on telling them that I'm alive as well?" Itachi nodded curtly, taking off his Akatsuki cloak. "Then I can't allow you to live, sorry, but Sasuke's dream won't become a reality." 

Naruto then rushed the black haired man, his scythe cutting deep into Itachi, but Itachi burst into a flock of crows, dispersing in random directions. Naruto immediately got on guard, looking everywhere he could, not able to see Itachi anywhere. 

"So, a coward eh? Is that why you let Sasuke live? Because you couldn't finish your mission because you loved him too much." Naruto turned around and saw Itachi standing there calmly. 

"Sasuke will be the savior of the Uchiha Clan by striking me down." Naruto smirked underneath his mask. 

"After I kill you, I'm going to kill Sasuke and end the Uchiha Clan once in for all." This time, he actually got a reaction out of Itachi, his face twisted into one of rage. 

"You will not touch my little brother!" He shouted as he rushed Naruto, which to any normal ninja would be blinding, but neither of these shinobi were by any means ordinary. Naruto curved his scythe, backing up slightly as he hooked Itachi's sword in it before he flipped over the kinslayer and was back to back with the man, and preceded to kick the back of the man's knee, causing his knee to bend and he hooked his arm around Itachi's neck, before jerking upwards, hoping to break the man's neck and end the fight, but to no avail. 

Itachi grabbed Naruto's arm and flung him forwards, making Naruto fly above the man's head. Naruto flipped in midair, landing on all fours before he threw two kunai, each had a paper bomb attached to them as they blew up on each side of Itachi, who barely been able to activate his mangeykou and an orange pair of ribs surrounded him, protecting him from the blasts as his eyes bled. 

"Impressive Naruto, you've grown quite a bit." Naruto smirked under his mask before he threw his scythe, making a few handsigns, making the single scythe turn into ten. Itachi's eyes widened as he saw chakra strings attached to each scythe, making him think of how Sasori controlled his puppets. 

Naruto made the scythes attack from each side of the man, making Itachi jumps over them and block the ones which changed directions with his sword before he flipped in the air, making a single handsign and blowing a large, roaring fireball at Naruto, who disappeared in a quick shushin and appeared right under Itachi, who was free falling to the ground.