Chapter 11: Try Me

How did things get this way? Naruto thought as he was on his knees, his hands on the ground as he was breathing hard.

The plan had gone so horribly wrong.

Tobi was supposed to deal with Hidan, and he was supposed to deal with Kakuzu.

It wasn't that Tobi couldn't handle Hidan, quite the opposite in fact, he beat Hidan soundly by pinning him to the ground with kunai and then putting explosive tags on the Jashinist and blew him up into little pieces of flesh that rained down upon the battlefield.

It was Naruto who was having trouble with the old missing ninja of Taki. The man had taken out all five of his weird mask/heart things and was spamming jutsu like there was no tomorrow, and even Naruto's wood could reach him, it always being incinerating as soon as it got close to him.

Tobi only watched Naruto struggle, his arms crossed as he watched his partner on his hands and knees as Kakuzu approached him slowly, a sick, twisted smile on his face.

She shook her head, fighting the urge to save the boy.

He needed to learn defeat.

"How are you just going to leave the boy to fight me? That's quite cold of you if I say so." Kakuzu commented as he eyed Tobi out of the corner of his eye.

"He needs a lesson. Good thing you were good enough to teach it." Kakuzu's mask all pointed at Naruto as they started glowing, ready to kill the boy.

"Well I'll take it upon myself he can never learn another lesson again." He completely looked at Tobi again.

"You won't mind will you?" She forced herself to shake her head.

"I don't care. Go ahead." She said in a monotone voice, ignoring the sinking feeling in her chest.

"You, don't care?" Naruto whispered to himself, those three words coursing through his mind.

I knew it, how couldn't I just see it? He was using me the whole time! He doesn't care if I live or die! Naruto screamed in his head, tears flowing down his face.

He had someone he thought cared about him, and now? Now he was just nobody. He struggled to stand up, looking at Kakuzu in the eyes defiantly, his eyes red with black slits going straight down the middle, a large wave of the Kyuubi's chakra coming out of his body, the red chakra making Tobi hold his arm in front of his face due to the intense heat.

"Oh? What's this? A kekkai genkai of somesort? I'll be sure to add your heart to my collection after I'm finished with you." Naruto mumbled something under his breath, making Kakuzu raise an eyebrow.

"You mind speaking up? I didn't catch that." Naruto's fist balled up, blood leaking from his palms as his fingernails dug deep into his skin.

"I said fuck you." Naruto said, his teeth clenched as he did so, an uncontained fury in his voice. He then pointed at Tobi. "And fuck you too!" He screamed, causing Tobi's eyes to widen in shock.

He suddenly turned around, red chakra enveloping his body. "You can deal with him if I'm so useless to your plans." He shouted, taking off the mask, his whisker marks and dull blue eyes showing, glaring at Tobi. He then disappeared in a red flash, almost instantly disappearing as he ran away from the fight.

"Oh, a coward then eh?" Kakuzu chuckled before he felt all five of his heart impaled at once as Obito had her hands on the ground, wood sprouting almost everywhere.

"He's not a coward." She uttered in a mix of shock and anger. Naruto had left her. He thought she betrayed him. God damn it all!

"You have...m-mokuton too?" Kakuzu said weakly, chuckling a bit as he fell the ground. "Ironic, I fall to the same technique as I did all those years ago."

Obito cursed as Kakuzu died in front of her eye before she disappeared in a vortex, appearing back at the cave to see a torn up white Zetsu as the real Zetsu stood there, looking at where they kept all the Sharingans they have collected.

"What's happened?" She shouted at Zetsu, who turned around to address her.

"Your partner came in here, obviously using the Kyuubi's chakra and broke in, killing one of my clones on the way as he stole five eyes of your collection of the Sharingan." Obito's eyes widened.

"Which ones?" She demanded as she burst into the room, and almost collapsed in shock as she saw all the Sharingan's destroyed by a fire jutsu.

"Both of Itachi Uchiha's, Fugaku Uchiha's, and your other one." Obito cursed.

"God damnit! He stole all the ones with the Mangeykou Sharingan! Find him and bring him back now!" She shouted, taking off her orange mask and throwing it against the wall in fury, it shattering on impact, making little orange shards litter the ground.

"At once, Obito-sama." Zetsu said before he sunk into the ground.

"You idiot, you don't know the power you currently hold." She said in between her gritted teeth as she spoke to herself.

With Naruto

Naruto held the three jars in a sealing scroll tightly in his hand, his dark blue eyes covered halfway by his lowered eyelids.

He was both physically and emotionally drained.

Tobi's betrayal had hit him hard. The man said he'd be sad if he died, but now? He doesn't care. Said it himself.

Naruto let a smirk cross his face as he remembered what he did to the man's collection of Sharingans.

He would carry on the original plan.

Kill all the members of the Akatsuki. He would do it, even if he did it alone. His eyes widened as a name came in mind.

Sasuke Uchiha, he could get the boy to help him. He promised Itachi he would try to help the boy, and he would. But first, he would need to get more information and actually put these eyes to good use.

He quickly began running, a smirk playing on his face.

It's time for him to pull off what Hatake did.

Use the Sharingan.

All done. How was it? Good? Bad? Tell me!

Anyways, yeah. Conflict, plot advancement, and such.

This going to fun to write for the next few chapters as Naruto gets stronger and eventually fucks with everything.

But, that's enough.

Til next time my lil demons!