Chapter 24: Sickness

Naruto leaned against the base of a tree trunk, blood steadily coming out of his mouth as he frequently coughed, making the blood spilling out only multiply in quantity. He was only a couple miles away from the hideout, where Obito would be waiting for him, no doubt worried about his late return.

3 Months. It's been three months since that first kiss, and things had been wonderful with their break. But, work came before play, and after those three months, Naruto dealt with Stone, and he had yet to return home to his girlfriend.

He struggled to get up, wiping the blood that was dripping down his chin off with his cloak before he slowly stumbled forward, a grunt of pain echoing in the forest as he did.

"For someone who intends to bring peace, you aren't too strong to do it." Naruto let his coal colored eyes look up, meeting the golden amber eyes of Konan, who was looking down at him from a small branch.

"I'm, I-in no mo-" Naruto broke out into a coughing fit, causing blood to splatter across the ground. "Mood to d-deal with you." Konan jumped out of the branch, landing softly right in front of Naruto, her eyes never leaving his, a kunai in hand.

"I don't care." She answered calmly. "You've influenced Nagato, you've made him drift from the true peace we seek, I will not allow you to plague his mind with your lies. The only way for true peace if through pain." Naruto's Sharingan slowly activated, slowly spinning, but a smirk led its way upon Konan's face.

"You're too weak to even cast a genjutsu on me, don't fret, your death will be swift." She lunged forward, swiping the kunai in the air, but Naruto jerked back just in time for it to cut his eyebrow all the way to his cheek, almost destroying his eye in the process as he fell back, laying on his back.

Konan jumped forward, landing on top of Naruto, ready to stab him in the chest, but his hands met hers as he prevented the kunai from inserting his chest, baring his teeth as he fought to save his own life, his strength quickly diminishing.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of that Obito girl for you, too!" Konan shouted as she pushed her weight down, the tip of the kunai hitting Naruto's chest.

"You will not touch her!" Naruto screamed as he put the rest of his strength into his eyes as his eyes shifted into their Mangekyou State. "Amaterasu!" Konan jumped off of Naruto quickly, the fire touching her cloak as it quickly burned it to pieces, before it got on her foot, causing her to scream in pain as it slowly travelled up her foot.

"Then I'll kill you!" She shouted before paper bombs wrapped around Naruto's torso and mouth, making him struggle to get up, not leaving him any time to take the bombs off on his face as he ripped off the bombs off his chest, before his eyes widened.

"Goodbye, Obito-chan." A muffled whisper came out.

With Obito

Obito was waiting outside, pacing back and fourth as she wondered what was taking so long.

"He should have been back by now, what's holding him up?" She asked herself out loud, looking at the pregnancy test in her hand, the positive symbol causing her to swallow.

Yes, she was pregnant with Naruto's child.

She was interrupted from her thoughts when a loud explosion was heard. She quickly looked up and saw a pillar of smoke coming from the forest a few miles away. Her eyes widened as a single thought came to her head.

Naruto. . .

She ran forward as fast as she could, the trees around her turning to blurs as she pumped chakra into her legs, making her go even faster. Eventually, she arrived at the scene and the smell of burnt flesh stung her nose, making it wrinkle up in disgust.

She looked as to what was causing the smell, and saw Konan's body burning from the Amaterasu flames, only her head remaining as it slowly burnt as well. Her eyes then drifted to where a large burnt piece of ground was at, the once brown dirt now completely black, as if a paper bomb had gone off.

"Naruto?" She called out in a questioning tone as she walked closer to the black ground, seeing hints of stained blood on the ground around it, before she gasped in shock.

Naruto's black cloak, tattered and burned, was laying on the ground next to the place where an explosion had occurred. She let a small burst of chakra out, trying to sense for a body anywhere besides Konan's, and she found nothing.

She collapsed to her knees, picking up the black cloak in her hands as tears slowly flowed out of her eyes.

Naruto was dead.

Unknown 2 Years Later

A man dressed in all black stood up, a mask on his face that covered his nose, mouth, and neck, only revealing a single Sharingan eye glowing in the dark and dark brown hair with blonde coming out of the roots. Then, a man that was completely white and had green hair spoke up.

"Obito is fighting Pain now, Sasuke and Karin are protecting your child, will you go now?" The figure said.

"Will she win?" Then, a darker half emerged from the ground, the complete opposite of the white figure besides the hair spoke.

"No, she may have gotten stronger when she began training after labor, but she will still lose, Pain has the power of the Sage of Six Paths." The darker voice said. A small sigh escaped the man's covered lips as he stood up.

"Everyone in this world believes that I'm dead, correct?" His voice responded, looking towards the black creature.

"Yes. Though, it's funny, your daughter keeps calling out for her, 'Da da'." The white creature said, a grin spreading across his face. The man made a single clone, the only difference was that it's eyes were completely red with black slits straight down the middle.

"Well, now she'll have someone to answer to now." The man began walking out of the dark cave, being followed by his apparent clone.

"Pain claims to be a God, let's show him the Devil then, eh Kurama?" He spoke up, causing his clone to grin.

"Of course, Naruto."

And done! Was it good? Bad? Sad? Tell mee!

Yes, time skip was a bit unfair but flashbacks are coming next chappie, so expect that.

What was Naruto's sickness? How did Naruto survive five paper bombs to the fucking face? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z-, oh wait, The Hidden Mask!

Til next time my lil demons!