Chapter 22: Break

The two partners decided to take a break in the middle of the woods, setting up camp there while there was a small river just a few hundred feet away. 

"Naruto!" Obito called out, hanging from a tree limb with one hand. She was wearing a plain baggy white shirt with a pair of black sweat pants that they had borrowed from the store in a nearby village a couple miles South. 

Naruto peaked his head out of a small tent, his brown hair sticking straight up as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. 

"What?" He shouted sleepily, yawning after he spoke. 

"Get up, it's already noon!" She shouted back before pulling herself up from the branch and stood on it. Naruto frowned, his eyes closed due to the sun's rays. 

"Nuh uh, I'm sleepy." And then his head disappearing back into the tent, causing Obito to sigh in annoyance as she jumped from the tree branch and onto the ground in front of Naruto's tent quiet as can be. 

"Wakey wakey..." She whispered with a mischievous grin on her face before planted her hands onto the ground. "This is real morning wood, Naruto-kun!" She shouted before a large tree trunk erupted from under Naruto's tent, lifting up the entire tent and ripping the stakes from the ground as it went twenty feet in the air. 

Obito began laughing as she heard Naruto struggle to get out of the tent, the sounds of kunai and scythes hitting each other as he did so. 

"Screw this!" She heard his voice muttered before she jumped back as the whole tree was quickly burnt to ashes with a quick Amaterasu, and revealing a rather mad Naruto's who's left Sharingan was activated and spinning wildly as he glared at Obito from the ground.

"What the hell?" He shouted, causing Obito to fall to the ground laughing. 

"I, I wish," She erupted into another burst of giggles, unable to keep going as she held her stomach. "I wish I saw your face, you probably looked so stupid and confused!" Naruto's right Sharingan activated before he made a quick hand seal. 

"Na na na na na," Naruto mocked childishly, making non coherent noises under his breath as he cursed the laughing Obito. "It was so funny," He muttered in a high pitch tone. "Payback's a bitch!" He shouted. "Water Style: Soak This Bitch Jutsu!" He shouted as a large drop of water landed on Obito's laughing form, drenching her head to toe as she stopped laughing, now going to coughing as she inhaled some of the water. 

This time, Naruto began laughing as he sat down on the ground, mimicking Obito and clutching his stomach as well, almost rolling as he began crying from laughing to hard. "You're choking! Oh my god, you're fucking choking on water!" He said in between laughs. Obito however, was not amused by his payback stunt. 

She coughed up the water, her hair now drenched and her mood ruined. "Oh, you think that's funny, huh?" She whispered as she stood up. "Well how do you like this?" She shouted rather loudly, before a vortex appeared in front of her before two gigantic Shurikens came out and were heading towards Naruto and fast speeds.

Naruto stopped laughing when he heard her shout and looked up, seeing the two large objects coming closer to him. 

"Oh shit!" He muttered before dodging them by dashing to the right, barely avoiding them as they destroyed the terrain. "Oi! Are you trying to kill me?!" He said, his eyes wide as he looked at the malicious smirk on Obito's face, her Sharingan also activated. 

"I don't know? Am I?" She said, raising an eyebrow before she charged forward, a kunai in hand as she slashed at Naruto, who narrowly avoided them by taking a step back, before he jumped back, not having a kunai of his own, having destroyed all of his equipment except the clothes on his ba-, waist. 

Yes, Naruto Uzumaki was fighting Obito Uchiha in his red and black striped boxers. 

"Woah, this isn't funny anymore, stop!" Naruto pleaded, though his face told a different story as he had a grin on his face. Obito did a quick spinning kick, kicking Naruto's bare chest, knocking him back into a tree. "Ouch." He muttered before he ran forward. He would play her game, for now. 

He ran towards her, ducking under a quick kunai swipe, and tripped her, making her fall to the ground as he grabbed her arm and threw her into the forest towards the river, a plan coming into his head. He quickly activated a quick Earth Jutsu, causing an Earth Wall to appear in between them, separating them for now and Naruto jumped into the air, landing on top of the air wall before he blew a quick wind bullet at her, making her fly into the river, getting her soaked once again. 

He stopped walking at the bank, a satisfied grin on his face as he watched Obito sit in the water in shock. 

"Well, looks like I win this rounds, Obito-chan. Maybe next time don't try to wake me up." He said, crossing his arms over his chest. Though, his grin faded when Obito smirked. 

"Let's make this even then, okay?" He then felt himself get pushed into the water, the ability to walk on said water completely forgotten by the two. The two sat in the shallow water, Obito grinning and Naruto sulking. 

"Looks like I won, Naruto-kun, try not to be too salty." Naruto grimaced. He had lost. 

"Dumbass." He groaned before splashing her with the water. Obito splashed him back. Then, a splashing match began, and the two briefly wondered how old they were at the moment, but then decided they didn't care. It was fun.  

Soon, Obito got tired of the splashing and tackled the brown hair boy in the water, it being shallow enough to still show most of his head. She pinned his limbs to the ground and grinned. 

"There, I win this too." Naruto rolled his eyes, before he realized the position they were in, and a heavy blushed adorned his face. Obito noticed this, and rose an eyebrow before surveying their position, and also blushing. 

It's now, or never. Obito told herself mentally before she quickly put her lips against the former blonde's lips, kissing him as she closed her eyes. 

Naruto's eyes were widened in shock, not even being able to kiss her back as he laid in the water in shock, his heart beating so fast that it could've probably outran his father. Obito pulled back, embarrassed that he didn't kiss back. 

"I'm sorry, I'll just leave." She whispered sadly, his answer was clear when he didn't kiss her back. She quickly got off of him and ran in the opposite direction to where their camp was. Naruto laid in the water, still in shock before he shook his head and chased after Obito quickly. 

"Obito-chan, stop! Wait!" He shouted and he saw her form standing there, her back towards him. 

"I, I didn't want these feelings for you. I never asked for them," She said in between sobs as she cried, turning around and looking at Naruto. "But I just can't help it, you're just so kind, and nice to me. And I don't even know what I'm feeling right now because I've never felt it before! I was so numb and broken when I began training you, but you made me feel!" She cried as Naruto looked at her, a frown on his face. 

"And I didn't want to feel, I wanted to be numb and feel nothing because this pain in my chest hurts so much!" She was about to continue before Naruto cupped her cheek with his right hand and wrapped his left hand around her waist and pulled her closer and kissed her softly on the lips, his eyes closed. 

Obito's eyes widened as tears flew out before she closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around the brown haired boy's neck, happy that he returned her feelings. 

For the first time in a long, long time, she was truly at peace in that moment. 

And he was too. 

And done! Was it good? Bad? Tell me! 

Lots of fluff in this chappie, and I wrote it in like, 48 minutes so kudos to me I guess. The ship is finally here, and the couple has boarded that shit! 

Anyways, sorry for late update. Been editing my original book and stuff, hope you understand. 

Til next time my lil demons!