Chapter 26: Flashback All The Way

"Naruto, what are you doing?" Kurama said from the sewer of Naruto's mind as he watched the boy from the mindscape. "You've been training nonstop everyday for a year, why?"

"My first child was just born three months ago," Naruto said, punching the walls of the cave he was residing in, drenched in sweat as the roots of his hair were matted to his head. "I need to be strong enough to protect her."  Kurama rolled his eyes.

"You're strong enough already, you might even rival Madara Uchiha." Naruto stopped punching the rock wall, giving time for Kurama to heal his hands, which were now a bloody pulp.

"Yeah right, that man survived the battle against Hashirama Senju and faked his own death. He also trained Obito when he was super old and Obito trained me, in his true prime, at the peak of his power, that man was nothing more than a monster." Kurama shrugged in the open space of the mindscape, no longer having a cage like he once had.

"Besides, if I went toe-to-toe with Pain, who has the eyes of the Sage of Six Paths, then I will surely lose. I need to get strong enough to beat him." Naruto wiped the sweat off his face, pulling down his black mask to get fresh air, revealing his scarred face.

"And then what?" Naruto paused for a second, before putting his mask back on.

"Then I will raise my child with Obito."

"Your child is three months old, Naruto. You need to go and meet her now instead of waiting." Naruto sat down, taking his shirt off, revealing his chiseled abs as the cold air touched them, cooling him off instantly.

"Not a chance. The moment I walk out of this cave, everyone will know that I'm alive, then they will target my child to get to me. I've made enemies Kurama, and Obito hasn't been making that any better." Kurama smirked.

"Oh yeah, she's taken up your mantle in terrorizing the villages, hasn't she? Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't she leave Suna and Konoha alone?" Naruto nodded physically.

"She knows that Gaara was my friend when I was a child. He's the Kazekage now, but now, the rest of the villages think that Suna and Konoha are allied and beginning a war." Kurama chuckled from the mindscape.

"Foolish humans, all you do is fight and bicker with one another." Naruto rolled his eyes as he stood back up as he began punching the cave wall again, pleased with himself as he began to see cracks showing up.

"Foolish Tailed Beast, all you do is get caught." Kurama snarled and cut off the connection between the two, causing Naruto to smirk at his victory.

With Obito

Obito was panting hard as she laid on the grass, sweat dripping down her forehead as kunai littered the ground along with burnt marks and trees everywhere.

She's been training like hell ever since she gave birth to Kushina Uchiha Uzumaki, who had inherited her fathers blonde hair and small whisker marks that Obito used to adore.

Used.

Naruto was dead.

She fought back the tears as she sat up, making a few handseals and making a few clones and ordering them to train as she stood back up, just in time to see Karin pushing a stroller with two babies in them.

Itachi Uzumaki Uchiha and Rin Uchiha Uzumaki.

"Hiya, Obito!" Karin greeted with a smile as she approached the black haired woman. "How's training?" Obito looked at her clones, who were sparring with one another.