Chapter 9: Reimbursed

Naruto let out a soft chuckle through his mask as he turned around, looking at a now very shocked Shikamaru, who's shadow had retracted from Naruto's form.

"How, how is that possible?" He muttered under his breath in awe as he looked at the masked teenager. 

"You are far too weak to constrain me. Maybe your father would be strong enough to hold me, but not you." He then looked over at the Anbu who were beside Shikamaru. "So, do you all have a death wish?" 

"By the order of the Fifth Hokage, you are to be arrested and interrogated." Naruto rose an eyebrow. 

"That can't be right, I just saw that bitch sleeping on her desk. There's no way she would've ordered that." He then released some killing intent, making the air around the leaf shinobi flinch, it now being hard to breathe as they struggled to stand up. "But that doesn't matter. What matters is what you plan on doing now. Will you try to fight and die like respectable people? Or will you run away with your tail tucked in between your legs?" 

One of the anbu, who had a cat mask and long purple hair flowing down her back pulled out a sword. "We're going to take you down, right here, right now!" 

"I'm pretty sure that's what Hatake said before I took out his eye." He could feel their shocked expressions under their mask, a smirk playing on his lips. "But if you wish, then come!" He shouted before he blew out a large gust of wind through his mask, making everyone scatter as the jutsu destroyed the area where they once were. 

He dodged a kunai that had an exploding note on it, before jumping forwards as it exploded taking out his scythe and decapitating an unaware anbu, blood now splattered on his white mask. 

"One down, ten more to go." 

"Bastard!" One of them shouted as they charged Naruto, his sword ready to impale the brown haired boy, but Naruto sidestepped him at the last second, grabbing the man's sword and kicking his shin, causing him to get on one knee before he stabbed him through the chest with his own sword, pinning him to the ground. 

"Nine." Two more anbu charged him, one holding a pair of kunai in each hand and another holding a sword. Naruto jumped quickly, forming hand seals quicker than the eye could see and blew a fire jutsu down, enveloping both of the anbu in a gulf of fire, killing them each almost instantly. 

"Seven." He felt his movements get restricted again and saw Shikamaru struggling to keep the hand seal in place as he grit his teeth, trying his hardest to get Naruto to stay still so they could get a lethal blow. 

He saw five Anbu charge him at once. He broke the hold Shikamaru had on him with great difficulty, narrowly avoiding five different swords from impaling him before he grabbed some ninja wire from his cloak and angled it so that it wrapped around the necks of each anbu before he pulled sharply, watching as the wire cut through their necks, killing them all. 

"And then there were two." He said, looking at the purple haired anbu and Shikamaru. "You know, for Konoha's Elite Unit, they're pretty pathetic. I'm sure they were all older than me to, meaning they could train much longer than me. And yet, here we are." 

"You killed my comrades!" The woman shouted. Naruto let out a humorless laugh. 

"Your so called comrades killed themselves when they decided to attack me. It was their fault for being weak. Don't blame me for your own incompetence to save them, blame your own weakness." He said cruelly. 

"Y-you monster!" She shouted at him, causing him to laugh. 

"I've been called a monster my whole life. A simple stain on this Earth. So you're not far from the truth, because when the word calls you a monster. . ." He disappeared in a poof of smoke. 

"Shadow Clone!" Shikamaru shouted in surprise. 

". . .You become one." He whispered from behind the female anbu member before he stabbed her in the heart with a kunai, before pushing her off the now red stained blade with his foot like he had killed an animal. 

"Y-y-you, w-why? Why did you do this? Answer me!" Shikamaru shouted as he watched the brown haired masked man turn to face him. 

"I don't know." Naruto answered truthfully. "But if I had to come up with an answer, I'd say it's because this is my awakening. The time my real self comes out and embraces their true colors. I killed them because they were in my way, and I will not hesitate to do the same to you. So run away and get help litttle Nara, or else you'll be just like that woman right there." Shikamaru stood there, contemplating his options before he shook his head. 

"I can't do that, or I'd be trash." Naruto laughed. 

"Too late." He ran in front of the shocked Nara with blinding speeds before he backhanded the teen into a wall, causing him to make a dent in the wall. "You abandoned a comrade didn't you? Even worse, a friend. You're below trash." Shikamaru's face was mixed with pain and guilt. 

"And I'll never forgive myself for that day. I should've talked to him, made sure he was okay. But I was too concerned with Choji and myself, I was selfish." Naruto took out his scythe and walked towards the Nara slowly. 

"Say his name Shikamaru." He growled out, approaching Shikamaru with a purpose. Shikamaru's eyes widened. 

"W-what?" 

"Say his name!" Naruto shouted. "Say the name of the boy you let die! The boy you betrayed!" He said, his voice filled with anger and hate, the mask no longer hiding his voice. 

"N-no way, is that you, Naruto?" The Nara whispered in shock. Naruto pulled off his mask, revealing his whiskered face. 

"Hello Shikamaru." Shikamaru's face had tears going down them as he saw the face of his supposed dead friend. 

"Naruto, you're alive, I can't believe-" 

"No, Naruto Uzumaki is dead. He died the day he couldn't rescue Sasuke Uchiha. Just like you will die today!" He shouted, before impaling Shikamaru in the chest with his scythe, causing the Nara to groan in pain as blood came out of his mouth. 

"Why?" 

"Because." Was Naruto's only answered before he quickly stabbed Shikamaru again in the chest, effectively killiing the Nara. He put his mask back on and walked away. 

He had a mission to complete. 

And done. Was it good? Bad? Tell me! 

Anyways, killed Shikamaru because I could to be honest with ya. 

But um, yeah. 

Til next time my lil demons!