Chapter 20: Old Faces

Naruto's eyes widened under his mask, the prospect of facing the master that taught him his father's technique was in the village, and to prove to Pain and Konan that he was seriously Madara Uchiha, he would have to kill Jiraiya. 

Did he have the power to do so? He laughed internally. 

Of course he could, that pervert didn't know very much, or else he would've taught Naruto a lot more than just summoning and the rasengan. Not much else he could be able to do, even if he was just a Sannin. 

"I accept your terms, Nagato. I'll dispatch him immediately." And then he disappeared in a swirling vortex, leaving Obito in the room with Pain and Konan. 

"So, shall we watch the show?" Obito said, a smirk on her face before she walked out of the room, followed by a surprised Konan and suspicious Pain. 

Naruto appeared from his vortex, in front of a traveler who had a nervous look on his face, constantly looking around, and then taking a step back in surprise as Naruto appeared.

"Jiraiya of the Sannin, come out or be brought out, I'm fine with either." Naruto's dark voice echoed as the rain poured down on his their heads. Jiraiya then popped out of the bag that the traveler was wearing, his eyes narrowed at the cloaked masked man who stood before him, ignoring the traveler as he ran away.

"I've come here looking for someone, maybe you know him as a God?" Jiraiya said seriously, his eyes never leaving the single eye hole in Naruto's mask.

"Trust me, Pain is strong, but no God. Besides, you need to get past me first in order to get to him." Jiraiya raised an eyebrow.

"And who exactly are you?" Naruto chuckled, the dark laugh causing chills to go down Jiraiya's spine.

"I am the leader of the Akatsuki, I am Madara Uchiha." Jiraiya's eyes widened, getting into a defensive stance as he looked at Naruto cautiously.

"Impossible, Madara died fighting the First Hokage."

"And yet here we are." Naruto responded swiftly, making Jiraiya narrow his eyes.

"Well, if you're the leader of the Akatsuki, I require some information from you, and I'll force it out of you if I have to." Naruto took out his scythe, his gloved hand pointing as Jiraiya before he smirked under his mask.

"You are welcome to try, but I will show you that I am not to be trifled with." And with that, he sunk into the ground, disappearing from view and putting Jiraiya on guard. He jumped back just in time to dodge a scythe coming out of the ground, threatening to impale his foot as he sent out a large fireball, engulfing the ground as to where the hand had come from, but to his dismay, there was nothing but scorched metal.

"Good attempt, but not good enough." Jiraiya's eyes widened as he heard the door from behind him, slowly turning around before he was punched into the ground, the metal that was the ground in Ame screeched in protest as the older man's body hit it harshly as a dent was put into it.

"You're lucky I can't use my other Kekkei Genkai against you, or else you would be dead by now." Naruto droned on monotonously. "But the ground is metal, and I cannot spring the roots of my power from them." Jiraiya raised an eyebrow as to what the hooded, masked man said before he made his own hand seals and slamming them into the ground.

"What are you doing Jiraiya-chan? I was too busy cooking dinner!" A female toad said as she sat on the ground next to a toad that had white hair coming from him.

"Calm down Ma, you know Jiraiya-chan wouldn't have called us here if it wasn't serious." The older frog said, making the female toad stop ranting and look back at Jiraiya, her eyes meeting Jiraiya's.

"Sorry Ma, Pa, but I need your help with this one, he's strong." Naruto chuckled, interrupting the conversation as he walked forward.

"I fight has barely begun and you're already relying on help? You are not a true shinobi." He sneered.

"You still need our help for Sage Mode? This is why we said you needed more practice!" Pa said, jumped on Jiraiya's shoulder and knocking him on the head. Jiraiya rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"Sorry, I've just never got around to it, trying to find the Child of Prophecy and all." Pa's gaze hardened.

"I thought you said you already found him, what was his name? Nahuro? Naturo?" Pa was hit in the head by Ma, who was frowning.

"It was Naruto you old goof!" The two began squabbling, making Naruto sweat drop at the sight.

"No, it wasn't Naruto." Jiraiya said, his voice had a hint of regret and anger in it. "Naruto is dead, there's no way he was the Child of Prophecy." Pa frowned as Jiraiya.

"But that's impossible, his name is still on the active contracts list. He is still able to summon the toads you know? If he died, he would've been removed automatically." Jiraiya's eyes widened at the prospect of Naruto being alive.

"B-but, they found his, he was, there was a funeral, how-" A low chuckling sound was heard, making everyone turn their heads to the masked man, his hoodie now off, revealing dark brown hair with an orange mask with flames on the right side of them.

"Don't tell me you're talking about Naruto Uzumaki? The Kyuubi Jinchuuriki? That weakling? The Child of Prophecy, don't make me laugh. The only thing he had going for him was a life of imprisonment." Jiraiya's face twisted in rage.

"Don't you dare talk about him like that!" He then instantly transformed, his nose getting bigger, his hair getting longer and the red streaks on his cheeks getting more profound as they grew around his eyes, highlighting them with red. He ran forward, a Rasengan in hand as he shoved it forward, increasing it's size tremendously as Naruto phased through it without effort, kneeing Jiraiya in the stomach and throwing the two toads off of him.

"Try again you fool." Naruto sneered before he stabbed Jiraiya in the stomach with his scythe, causing Jiraiya to spit up blood.

"Jiraiya-chan!" A unison of voices was heard before two green fist impacted Naruto's mask, completely shattering it into bits and pieces. Naruto covered his face with one hand, breathing heavily.

This wasn't planned. He hadn't planned on two toads being this strong, nor to actually attack. He had just figured that they were supporters, not warriors.

"Is that you, Naruto?"

And done. Sorry for the cliffhanger and late update, been kinda busy with shit of my own ya know?

Anyways, was it good? Bad? Surprising? Shocking? Tell mee! 

Anyways, for my next book, should I do an Attack on Titan Fanfiction, or another Naruto fanfiction?

You decide!

Til next time my lil demons!