Chapter 8: Venom

Naruto easily jumped over the wall, laughing inside of his head mockingly at how easy it was to infiltrate the supposedly strongest Hidden Village in the shinobi nations. He navigated through the village, using his memories to find the darkest corners to sneak in, keeping his chakra level to almost nonexistent so sensors couldn't feel him. 

He climbed up the back of the Kage's Tower quickly, peering through the window and seeing the woman who banned him from leaving the village for the rest of his life in a drunken slumber, completely passed out on her desk, drool going down her chin. 

He smirked at how easier she was going to make this for him. He slowly opened the unlocked window and stepped into the room, observing it once again. It stunk of booze as always since Tsunade has taken office. He wrinkled his nose in disgust and walked opened the door into the Hokage's personal library and saw the Scroll of Sealing, AKA the Forbidden Scroll. He took out a small sealing scroll and sealed the Scroll of Sealing into a sealing scroll. He laughed a little on the inside at the irony. 

He quickly walked out the library and quickly jumped back out the window, landing softly on his feet as he stored the scroll in his black cloak. "That was easy, now, onto the hard part." He began walking towards where Zetsu had told him that Minato Namikaze's mansion had been. 

He put up his black hoodie, therefore covering his brown hair and only showing the lower half of his white mask as he walked through the crowds, which was regrettably the only way to the mansion his father had lived in. 

He didn't hate his father, not even in the slightest, in fact, he respected the man. Sure, he doomed him to a life full of hate and suffering, but he did it at the cost of his own life to protect a village he thought was worth saving. That gave him a few plus points in Naruto's book. 

He turned the corner and overheard a conversation from two people walking behind him. 

"...I can't believe Kakashi-sensei was beaten, even enough to where his Sharingan was stolen." He boy said rashly from behind Naruto, getting a small yip in response. 

"Yeah, it's a drag but there are stronger people out there than even Hokage-sama. Though, I'm surprised that the person left him alive. Why not just kill Kakashi-sensei and be done with it? Less potential threats." Naruto rolled his eyes. 

He was counting on the heat of the sun to kill Kakashi, but apparently Kakashi had broke out, or was broken out, of his wooden prison. Did he care? Not really. Slightly disappointed, yes, overall caring, no. 

Naruto stopped walking for a second as he turned his head, seeing the ramen shop he had spent most of his earning at when he was younger. He grabbed his mask, lifting it up just to expose the lower half of his face as he took a deep breath of the scent, nostalgia filling his nostrils as he did so. 

Would a bite to eat hurt that much? He was interrupted from his thoughts as he was roughly bumped into by a boy with a feral look, none other than Kiba Inuzuka. 

"You better apologize for bumping into me like that, not cool." A small bark from his overly large dog backing him up. Naruto turned himself to the side and walked to the ramen stand, not wanting to blow his cover. 

"Hey, I was talking to you!" Kiba shouted as he grabbed Naruto's shoulder harshly, his claws digging into the boy's black cloak. Naruto didn't even look back. 

"If you don't take your hand off of me, I'll cut it off." Naruto whispered lowly, but no low enough that Kiba didn't hear it. He took his hand off in shock as he felt the killing intent Naruto was giving off in waves. Akamaru began whimpering as he backed up as well. 

"Woah calm down, jeez, what a drag, he didn't mean anything by it, sorry for the trouble he caused you." A lazy voice drew out. 

"Keep your mutt on a leash, and the dog." Naruto said bitterly as he walked into the ramen stand. 

"Welcome to Ichiraku Ramen!" A woman said with a happy smile on her face. Naruto let a ghost of a smile grace his lips. He sat down at the stand as the woman stood across him from the counter. 

"What can I get you today sir? Or, ma'am?" She said, giggling in her slight confusion due to his mask. 

"I'm a male." He said, chuckling a little. "What would you recommend?" Her smile faded a little bit, her eyes showing sadness in them. 

"Well, we have a special that's named after a dear customer that we lost a couple years ago, it's a mix of every ramen since he loved ramen so much." Naruto felt his throat tighten as his voice was caught up. "It's called the "Naruto Special", would you like that." Naruto nodded, not trusting in his voice to speak. 

After a minute, the ramen was done. "Here you go," The woman said as she placed it in front of him. Naruto paid her and took a bite as he took off his mask halfway like he did earlier to smell the place. 

Tears ran down his face as he ate, the wonderful taste bringing too much memories of his past here. 

"Sir, are you okay?" The woman who served him asked. Naruto nodded. 

"Yes, I, I just remembered something of my past." He got up and bowed. "Thank you for the ramen Ms. Ayame, I'll be going now. I have a nice night." He said before he walked out the ramen stand, leaving a confused Ayame. 

"I never told him my name..." She said in a confused tone before shrugging and going back to work. 

Naruto arrived at the Namikaze Mansion, a large gate the only thing keeping him from his objective. The seal on the gate was complex, but luckily, Naruto had studied seals with Tobi for a whole year in between his training sessions so he knew it well enough that it was a blood seal, and it would only open up with Namikaze blood and that if anyone tried to get in and weren't a Namikaze, they would get the holy shit shocked out of them. 

Naruto bit his thumb and quickly smeared his blood on the seal, and watched as it unlocked as the large gates opened. He let a smirk come across his face before he felt his movement restricted suddenly. 

"Whoever you are, please try not to make this anymore of a drag than it already is, just give up." Naruto recognized the lazy voice that belonged to Shikamaru, who had caught him in his Shadow Possession Jutsu. 

"How did you know?" Naruto asked, the mask making his voice deep. 

"Well, after we bumped into you at Ichiraku's, I noticed the mask AND the large cloak you were wearing, which usually isn't that uncommon since this is a hidden village, what did catch my attention was the scythe that you had in your hand as you threatened Kiba. We don't use scythes in the Hidden Leaf, and that gave you away. But you also threatened a ninja of the Leaf which is also a crime. You may not see them with your back turned, but there are ten Anbu with me right now, surrender." 

"I think...no." 

And done. How was it? Good? Bad? Tell me! 

Anyways, I have a patreon now. So that's a thing. Maybe donate me a dollar? I'd appreciate AND it would motivate me to update way more. 

So, yeah. Here's the link: https://www.patreon.com/jarodlikestowrite

I haven't really posted anything, but I will once I get my first patreon. I'll be doing all types of stuff ya know? 

So yeah. 

Til next time my lil demons!