Apart

I blinked my eyes open as the sound of a horrible high-picthed voice penetrated my dreams. I almost screamed when I was met with Yoongi's sleeping face. Then I realised that the person singing was Hani. Who knew that she sang in the shower? I didn't. I drowned out Hani's noise and focused on Yoongi's face.

He looked peaceful and his breathing was slower than when he was awake.

I wish I could wake up to this every morning.

Yoongi's eyes suddenly fluttered open and he stared into my eyes. I averted my gaze in embarrassment.

"Staring at me already? It's not even 10am," Yoongi chuckled. I glared at him and stuck my tongue out.

"Why would I want to stare at you? I'd rather die," I teased. He pouted and my heart almost jumped out of my ribcage.

"Yah! Why're you pouting nowadays?!" I exclaimed as I swatted at him and tried to remove the pouting image from my head for the sake of my heart. Yoongi giggled.

***

After the wonderful start to the day, I was eating breakfast with the rest. We were eating nosily as everyone was chatting about next week. Next week was BTS's concert. Every single day! I had to do their makeup which excited me.

"Hey, guys. Where's Jimin?" I suddenly asked, realising that he wasn't around. Everyone shrugged.

"He said something about not being able to get out of bed," Jungkook said. Everyone started whispering, including Hani. Just then, Taehyung got a call. It was from the manager. Taehyung put it on speaker mode.

"Annyeonghaseyo?" Taehyung greeted. The manager greeted him.

"Taehyung-ah, please tell the others that Jimin is excused from all the concerts next week. His neck is extremely sore and in a painful state. He has to rest in his room. I don't want him to injure his neck any further. Tell Jae Rin that after she does your makeup, she should come back to look after Jimin. Thank you," the manager said before hanging up. There was an awkward silence.

"So that's why Jimin isn't out of bed," I mused.

***

It was the first concert of the week. After helping BTS with their makeup, I rushed back home to look after Jimin as Hani was out with her friends.

"Jiminie~ I brought you some dinner~" I sang as I entered his room. He looked utterly miserable.

"Cheer up!" I smiled warmly and sat beside him. I started to feed him as he couldn't do it himself.

"Our fans must be so disappointed!" Jimin sighed.

"It's okay. They wouldn't want you to hurt your neck," I assured him.

After our dinner, I accidentally ended up sleeping beside Jimin as we were bored of waiting for the rest to return.

|YOONGI'S POV|

After the exhausting concert, we were home. I was excited to see Jae Rin again. However, as soon as I got home, I wanted to check on Jimin first. When I entered his room, my heart broke. Jae Rin was lying next to Jimin and her hand was lying on Jimin's torso.

I felt something that I'd never felt in a long time.

Am I... Jealous?

I felt sad and a bit jealous. Everyone crowded around Jimin to see if he was okay. Jae Rin stirred awake from the noise. The moment she saw me, her eyes lit up. However, I simply went back to my room. I couldn't face her. I was too angry. I knew it wasn't her fault but I couldn't help it.

When it was finally time to sleep, I lay in bed, with my back facing the side Jae Rin was sleeping. I didn't want to see her. I was confused about my feelings.

What are you doing to my heart, Jae Rin?

I felt the bed dip a bit when Jae Rin lay down. I could tell that she was facing my back because her warm breath caressed a part of my back. I let out an involuntary sigh. Honestly, I wondered why Jae Rin couldn't be more like Hani and express her feelings for me. It was hard to understand Jae Rin, but that was a part of her that I liked.

I felt Jae Rin's hand shake my shoulder gently. I knew it was her. I'd memorised her touch, scent and even the way she walked. I was THAT attracted to her. I didn't budge.

"Yoongi?" I heard her sweet voice call out. I yearned to turn around and talk to her. However, I was still a bit mad. I heard her sigh.

"Are you mad at me?" her voice trembled a bit. My heart broke.

What if she cries because of me? I can't sleep knowing that she hates me. She already cried because of me once in the musuem. That was already too painful for me.

Something in me made me resist the urge to turn around. I fell into a restless sleep.

For the next few days, I ignored Jae Rin as best as could. Because of this, Hani started growing closer to me. Jae Rin also stopped trying to talk to me but smiled at me whenever I met her gaze. It was slowly tearing me apart the longer I stayed cold towards her. However, I couldn't take the feeling I got whenever she took care of Jimin.

Soon, the concert was over. I was happy because that meant that someone else could take care of Jimin and Jae Rin would be mine again. However, that didn't happen. Because I was so cold to Jae Rin, she decided to keep taking care of Jimin. I truly regretted my decision.

I was starting to doubt the fact that Jae Rin liked me.

Do I like her? Do I want to be more than a friend with her?