Farewell

The sweet rosy scent that I had come to love crashed down on me and I could see some of Yoongi's soft hair. Yoongi protected me and the rocks pelted on him. I was trembling in fear in his arms.

"Pft. She's got a boyfriend. Now it's no more fun!" one of the boys complained and they left. I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding and Yoongi hugged me tighter.

"I'm sorry I couldn't have come earlier," he whispered into my ear. I wanted to hug him back so much but it would ruin my plan of leaving him.

"Thank you," I said.

"That's what boyfriends are for," he pulled away and gave me a weak smile. My heart pounded. I smiled dejectedly.

"You have a girlfriend, I don't think you should be talking to me," I said softly as I stood up. I didn't have any major injuries. I turned to leave. He hugged me from behind and he nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck. I felt my shoulder getting wet. He was crying. I squeezed my eyes and clenched my fists to stop myself from crying.

"Don't leave," his voice was muffled.

"It's better this way. I won't be in between you and Chae Jin. She's back. You should be happy. We should have never gotten together," I muttered bitterly.

"Don't you see? I don't love her. I love you," he cried. My heart twitched but I couldn't let my guard down.

"Are you sure? Because the way you're acting with Chae Jin... It's like you never cared about me," I sighed as I forefully escaped his embrace. I looked into his teary eyes with mine.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled before I ran back to the house.

I'm sorry manager-nim. I can't come to the Portland trip anymore. I have to move out as soon as I can.

As soon as I entered the house, all the members rushed to me.

"Jae Rin, are you alright? Where's Yoongi?"

"What's going on?"

"Why're you crying?"

I sighed and everyone quietened down.

"I'm leaving. Please help me apologise to the manager," I whispered before running to pack my things. All the members trailed after me and watched sadly as I packed. After a quick goodbye (to make it less painful), I was in a cab, getting ready to leave the house.

Yoongi saw me and ran over to the cab, tears streaming down his face. He knocked on the window but I stared ahead, not wanting to see him.

"Ready?" the driver asked.

"JAE RIN! PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!" I could hear Yoongi's voice that was strained by his tears. I nodded quickly and the cab took off. Yoongi ran after the cab and tears kept streaming down my face. The driver remained silent as he focused on driving. Through the side mirror, I could see Yoongi stop.

Goodbye, Min Yoongi.

***

Seven terrible months had passed. Well, not really terrible. Ji Yeon had returned home a week after I did. After hearing everything, she calmed me down. A month later, we decided to move to Daegu. So, here we were now. We had rented a nice house that was a MUCH bigger than our previous one. Two months after that, Ji Yeon and I started working at a café.

I still couldn't get over Yoongi. Not until a few months later. I promised to not fall in love so easily again. I was no longer naive. I was colder and more miserable.

Today was a Saturday. I had returned home earlier since Ji Yeon said she'd take care of the rest of my shift seeing how tired I was. I was lazing in my bed and I realised that a part of me felt empty. My heart still had a spot for Yoongi. I squeezed my eyes thinking about him.

I wonder if he's changed.

I wonder how he's doing with Chae Jin.

I wonder how the rest are doing.

I sighed. I looked at my phone contacts and I stared at the members' numbers. My finger hovered above Yoongi's number. I was insane. I was driven crazy the past few months without his voice. I had gotten a new phone as a new start but I still kept their numbers. I didn't think straight. I pressed Yoongi's number. My breath hitched as he answered the call.

"Hello?" I heard his sweet voice. I covered my mouth with my hand as his voice brought tears to my eyes. I quickly ended the call, knowing I had made a big mistake.

No, Jae Rin! You worked so hard to get over him!

My phone rang as Yoongi called it back. He was probably thinking that it was just a prank call. I declined his call as I sobbed. Memories of us flooded my mind. My heart was pounding furiously. What was I thinking?

These past few months without Yoongi had clearly taken a toll on me. I grew skinnier as I skipped my meals regularly despite Ji Yeon's nagging. I couldn't get enough sleep.

Just then, Ji Yeon returned. She was huffing and panting as she ran into my room. I quickly wiped my tears before she entered.

"Jae Rin!" she panted. I raised an eyebrow. She held out a poster.

"Listen to this! BTS is coming to Daegu for a tour. They'll be stopping at all their birthplaces for many events! They're coming HERE! Tomorrow! They're concert tickets and everything!" she squealed. I sighed.

"They couldn't find a suitable hotel here, so my uncle kind of asked if they could live with us," she mumbled softly. My eyes bulged. Everything was going too quickly.

"BUT WHY?!" I cried out.

"Jae Rin... We have some extra rooms. You're not going to have to share yours," she begged. I frowned.

"Please~ My uncle is very special to me~" she tried her aeygo on me and I faltered. I waved her off.

"Okay! Fine!" I said with a small grin.

"Thank you!!!!" she screamed as she hugged me.

"But what about Yoongi?" she asked worriedly. I sighed as I raked my hair through my fingers.

"I will talk to him. He's a nice person. I want to be his... Friend... And be supportive of him. But nothing more than that," I muttered. Truth was, I really did miss Yoongi. And if I couldn't be his girlfriend, I'd try my hardest to be the best friend he never had.

"You're very brave," Ji Yeon told me as she patted my back. I nodded stiffly.