Happy

"Are you ready? They're coming very soon. Uncle says he needs to take care of some things first so we should accompany them around Daegu," Ji Yeon said as she wrung her hands nervously. I gulped.

"I don't know... It's just... It's been SO long since I've seen them... Especially Yoongi. I'm not sure if he'll want to be my... friend..." I muttered the last word bitterly. Friends. Nothing more. Just then, the doorbell rang. Ji Yeon gave me a small thumbs up before opening the door.

My heart pounded as all the members filed in excitedly. They caught my eye and immediately embraced me.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed excitedly as I hugged everyone of them.

"You've grown so tall~" I said as I hugged Jungkook. Finally, I reached Yoongi. My heart pounded wildly as I wrapped my arms around him. He did the same. His familiar scent nearly made me cry.

"I missed you," I whispered.

"I missed you more, pabo," he whined as he hugged me tighter. I pulled away as Ji Yeon started bringing them to their rooms, leaving Yoongi and me alone.

"Yoongi, I know that we used to... date... But I was hoping that we could still remain as friends. Good friends," I said in embarrassment. His once sparkling eyes darkened the moment I mentioned 'friends'. He nodded numbly.

"Yeah... Friends..." he muttered bitterly.

"So... How's Chae Jin?" I tried to sound happy. As I friend, I should be happy, right?

"We're doing good," he smiled weakly. I couldn't deny the tension.

"How've you been since I left?" I asked softly.

"Good," he replied, not looking at me. Good...

"You?" he asked. I avoided his gaze.

"Good," I mumbled. He sighed.

"Jae Rin. I can tell that you're lying. To be honest, I don't want to be friends. I want to be more than that," he mumbled.

"I know. It's just, I can't help but feel that you'd be happier with Chae Jin. She IS your girlfriend anyways. She always had been," I said the last part bitterly.

"It's not like that. I don't have those kinds of feelings for her anymore," he denied. I shook my head softly.

"I don't know. I really don't know," I whispered. Why did this have to be so hard? Why couldn't I just be his girlfriend again? Truth was, I was scared that he didn't feel the same way he did anyone. That he was doing it out of pity.

"Promise me you'll think about it?" he asked.

"About what?" I asked.

"I want you to be my girlfriend again," he said firmly. My breath hitched and I stared at the ground.

"I'll think about it," I said. He nodded and gave me a quick hug. I returned his gesture with a small smile.

"YOONGI?! JAE RIN?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I heard Ji Yeon yell.

"COMING!" I shouted. I beckoned for Yoongi to follow me. Soon, they were all settled in their rooms. Yoongi's room happened to be beside mine. I knew that Ji Yeon made his room beside mine on purpose.

That night, Ji Yeon arranged for us to watch some fireworks. We all sat on the grass with our heads up looking at the sky. Except for me and probably Yoongi as well. I thought hard.

"Yoongi?" I asked softly. He hummed in response.

"I'm sorry for thinking that you were with Chae Jin..." I apologised. He smiled.

"It's okay," he assured me.

"I want to be your girl friend," I said confidently.

"Really?!" he asked in shock. I leaned in and placed my lips on his soft ones. Butterflies exploded in my stomach. I was slightly blushing as I leaned away.

"Really," I said as I interlocked my hands with his. I couldn't describe how happy I was.

***

Author's Note:
And that, is the end of Makeup Artist! I hope you guys really liked it. And, I'M SO SO SO SO SO SO SORRY for the abrupt ending. Anyways, I thought that y'all would be happy to know, that I am already starting on my next fanfiction!!! Also, I'll be publishing another book soon (that is not completely about BTS but in fact mostly about my life and friends ;) Here's a hint! This story is about most of the Wednesdays in my life).

SEE YOU IN THE NEXT BOOK AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!

(Can't believe we've hit 100 reads for this book!!!)