Break

The next morning came fast. Too fast. As I was changing, I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy and horrible. I dragged myself to the kitchen where Yoongi was already bidding the other members goodbye. They had to go somewhere to run a few errands.

As I approached Yoongi, his back was facing me. It smelled like eggs.

"Cooking breakfast?" I asked tiredly as I sat on a chair. I propped my chin on my hands. Yoongi turned around while flipping the omelette.

"Yup. Feeling better?" he asked in concern. I nodded. Jae Rin, you're such a liar. Yoongi then came over with two plates of omelettes. I instantly dug in hungrily.

"It's so good~" I praised with my mouth full. I savoured the wonderful taste. Yoongi chuckled as he came back... With another plate of omelette. The sweet taste in my mouth turned bitter.

"Chae Jin's coming over for breakfast," he said.

"Oh," was all I could say. My heart sank and I lost my appetite. I pushed the plate away. He didn't make these omelettes thinking of me. He was thinking of her.

"What's your history with Chae Jin?" I asked curiously.

"We dated but she left," he explained. So they didn't break up?

"Oh. So you guys are still a couple?" my voice hitched. Yoongi's eyes flooded with warmth.

"Oh my goodness! Jae Rin, no. I have a girlfriend now. The best girlfriend ever," he smiled sweetly at me. I smiled back. So why do I feel like you still have feelings for her?

I was about to ask another question when Chae Jin sauntered in. YOONGI GAVE HER THE PASSWORD TO THE HOUSE?! Seeing Chae Jin, my stomach hurt. She was the perfect girlfriend. She must have had a perfect past. I'm not perfect enough for Yoongi. I gulped as she glared at me.

"Well... I'm going to the room to call Ji Yeon. Is it okay if I lock the door?" I asked Yoongi. He nodded, not even looking at me. He isn't even concerned about why I'm suddenly leaving. He really likes Chae Jin... I quickly ran upstairs, leaving my barely-touched omelette behind.

Upstairs, I didn't call Ji Yeon. I just balled up on my bed, thoughts swarmed me after I had locked the door.

Does Yoongi want to break up now that his REAL girlfriend is back?

Was I merely a distraction?

Did he ever... love me?

I shoved my thoughts aside. Yoongi and Chae Jin's laughter filled my ears. Tears threatened to spill. I pulled Yoongi's pillow over my head and his smell engulfed me. It calmed me down a bit before I drifted off into my slumber.

***

Banging woke me up. I groaned as my eyes opened. Someone was banging on the door.

"She's not going to open!" I heard Yoongi's frustrated voice.

"I think you upset her..." I heard Jimin's soft voice.

I trudged over to the door and opened it. I didn't care about my red eyes. The members sighed in relief. Yoongi opened his arms to embrace me but I held out a hand to stop him.

"Wha-" he was cut off.

"I think we should break up," I said before I could stop myself. 

It's better this way. You don't have to keep pretending to love me when you obviously love Chae Jin. You should spend all your time on your... girlfriend.

Tears were building up but I held them back. I had to be strong. The members gawked at my sudden statement. Yoongi's beautiful eyes filled with tears and my heart shattered but I kept going.

"I'll room with Jungkook and Jimin until I can find a place to stay," I continued. Yoongi's tears were streaming down his face and I let a few tears slip. My heart was in so much pain.

"Don't do this..." Yoongi pleaded but I shook my head stiffly.

"What about your job?" Namjoon asked. I shrugged.

"I'll figure it out," I mumbled. Yoongi's strong and warm arms wrapped around me. I savoured the moment. For it was going to be the last. I let his scent overwhelm me for the last time. I let myself feel protected in his arms for the last time. I pried his arms off me as I went back in to pack my stuff.

Thankfully, I didn't have a lot. Before Yoongi could stop me, I was already heading towards Jungkook and Jimin's room.