Resignation

I didn't have anything to do so after binge-watching a few movies, I fell asleep. When I woke up, it was 4pm. I had missed lunch. I wasn't even in the mood for it anyways. I sighed. I looked around and realised that Jimin and Jungkook weren't around. I quickly locked the door in case someone decided to barge in. I found a note on my bedside table. The note was on top of a container of spaghetti.

"Dear Jae Rin, the boys and I are going out to run a few errands. Yoongi invited Chae Jin over and they're going to be in the living room. Yoongi made some spaghetti for your lunch. We'll be back at 7pm for dinner. Chae Jin's joining us for dinner since Yoongi insisted," I read the note aloud. My heart hurt.

Since Yoongi insisted... He insisted for Chae Jin to stay for dinner?

I couldn't even look at the spaghetti as I carelessly flung the note onto the floor. I pulled the blanket over my head as I sighed. Everything was a mess. I could hear Chae Jin's twinkling laughter followed by Yoongi's deep one. My heart ached.

He moved on fast. He didn't even have to move on. He never truly loved me anyways...

My hunger was slowly killing me but I didn't have any appetite. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Rinnie-ah? Are you awake?" I heard Yoongi asked. I buried my face in my hands as soon as I heard his sweet voice. I decided to remain silent. I heard the doorknob twist. I knew that Yoongi realised that I was awake and had locked the door the moment he couldn't open the door.

"Rinnie, I know you're awake. Please eat the spaghetti. You skipped breakfast already," I heard him say worriedly. I nearly snorted.

Puh-lease. You're trying to win me back?

I remained silent. I heard his sigh before his footsteps faded away. Everything was so messed up. I was so frustrated. I let out a groan as I layed back down. So this was what heartbreak felt like.

***

I blinked my eyes open. Jungkook was shaking me awake.

"Jae Rin. Quick, go to the living room. The manager came to speak to us. Don't worry, Chae Rin already left," Jungkook hurried me before leaving. I quickly neatened myself and I walked into the living room. Everyone was scattered around and the manager was standing. I greeted him before sitting.

I could feel Yoongi's pleading gaze on me but I forced myself to not look at him. Instead, I focused on the manager.

"Listen up. We're going to Portland for another concert next week. It's going to be snowing so pack some coats. Your roommates and seatmates are the same as the Australia trip," he informed us. My heart beated faster.

I'm sitting and living with Yoongi. AGAIN?! No. No. No.

I raised my hand and all eyes were on me. The manager called me to speak. I cleared my throat nervously and I got anxious but I knew that the decision I was making was for the best.

"I want to resign," I said softly. I could see their jaws drop, especially Yoongi's. My heart squeezed as soon as those words left my mouth. Everyone started talking and pleading me to not resign, but Yoongi remained frozen in shock. I blocked out all their pleas and focused my hardened gaze on the manager.

There was no going back.

"But, why?" the manager asked.

"I no longer have any interest in this job," I said as convincingly as I could. He nodded slowly.

"Could you still come for the Portland trip? That'll be your last task. Then we'll fly you back here to move," he pleaded. I nodded. I couldn't just suddenly leave. The manager then left and silence ensued. Everyone watched me in shock. My bottom lip trembled as tears flowed down my cheeks. I looked at my hands which were in my lap.

I felt sad because it felt as if I had thrown everything away. Everything was going downhill. I threw away my job. I threw away my heart. All for Yoongi.

Yoongi immediately came to hug me but I held my hand out. He stopped and looked into my eyes. His eyes were filled with tears and it tore my heart. I stood up as the members stood up after me.

"I'm sorry... I need some time alone..." I said shakily before rushing out the door. I walked over to the park.

This is for the best Jae Rin. You did the right thing. Now both you and Yoongi can lead happy lives without each other.

Suddenly, a rock landed on my knee. I yelped in pain and looked up to see five boys. They looked dishevelled and dirty. They looked like University students. Their uniforms were tucked out.

"Look what we have here. A lonely crying girl," one of them smirked. Then, sticks, rocks and anything that was heavy came pelting down on me. These boys wanted to have fun. They wanted to torture a random stranger that was weak and miserable. A particularly big rock made me fall onto the ground. My knees were tucked below my chin.

I curled up into a ball and tried to protect my head as more rocks came. I cried my eyes out. The pain from the rocks weren't as painful as the pain in my heart. The boys were chortling and more and more things came my way. No one stopped them.

I felt my world crash down. My world was Yoongi. Not anymore. Tears streamed down my pitiful face and that made the boys laugh harder because they thought that I was crying about the pain.

"She's so weak, she can't even stand up to defend herself or run!" one of them howled with laughter.

I AM weak. Because of Yoongi. He's the only one that can make me weak.

Suddenly, two strong arms wrapped around me. My eyes snapped open.